"We're going to spend time on that bullshit that others are talking about on Twitter? Please."
— Matt Smith (@mattsmith_news) August 4, 2026
Gov. Evers campaigning for David Crowley tonight in an attempt to stop Democratic Socialist Francesca Hong from winning next Tue: "You can ask me 100 times, and I'm going to give you… pic.twitter.com/336tlTDfhB
ADDED: I published this post and clicked on my "David Crowley" link and realize "that bullshit that others are talking about" may refer to the dirt (McGirk) about Crowley. Crowley had made an impression on me, 2 weeks ago, but the impression had worn off. Evers cleverly kept me from remembering it. I'll give him that.

54 टिप्पणियां:
"Francesca Hong is the frontrunner. You can't just refuse to talk about her."
This feels like High School girls failed social power play move, where the previously popular girl haughtily insists, "Come on, we're not going to waste anymore time even thinking about HER." Then turns and walks away expecting everyone to follow her, but more than half stay behind with the new girl.
"a candidate like Hong who stands for something and offers to shake everything up"
Good to know.
I think it's time Madisonians get what they've been leaning toward for years. Hong as Governor is a fit. Wear it. Good luck.
The old-line (white) Democrats sold out first to Wall St/backroom billionaires and lost their working class "fight big business" stoy line a generation ago (Clinton era). They then sold their souls to the DSA foxes in the henhouse of The Squad and DEI factions to "beat Trump" circa 2017.
So, with nothing left they can merely react passively or join defectors RFK Jr., Tulsi, Elon, Joe Rogan, and Trump himself. Ships of Theseus as political parties. Both Dem and Rep.
“I'm afraid "getting things done" is awfully generic.”
I’m afraid “shaking things up” sounds awfully generic. And I do mean “awfully”. Why do the citizens of Wisconsin need to have their “things shaken up”?
Frannie Hong has quite a resume. Not every gubernatorial candidate has OD’d on lithium. Or been committed to brain ranch. Shades of Thomas Eagleton. She may go the way of Platnikov - win the primary and get bounced.
Good and hard. That's what's coming. The Establishment Democrats haven't cracked the code on how to survive well-financed commies who have figured out how to study a political ecosystem as an apex predator, and then make a move. The Progressives meanwhile are paralyzed when they see the tiger.
Ever since I was an out-of-state student way back in 1978 and had the choice of voting where I lived or voting where I was a student, I have thought that allowing temporarily resident students to vote was a recipe for government by opinionated idiots without any skin in the game. I guess I never had a very high opinion of the judgment of my fellow students.
Some things never change.
I received a scam (I hope) text yesterday saying that if I didn't respond by midnight, I would be registered as a Democrat. Next, I suppose I'd be voting by mail for Hong. The idea seems to be that I was an "inactive" voter (which was good to hear since I've moved out of Wisconsin) and inactive voters are re-registered as Democrats. But I think this was a scam of some sort calling on the deadly fear and horror I might have at the thought of being turned into a Democrat. Like waking up as a centipede.
“Moderation” means supporting Israel in its genocides in Gaza and Lebanon, supporting Netanyahu’s use of the American military to fight his war with Iran, in other words, “moderation” means surrendering US sovereignty to a foreign country, vote for it if you want.
Trump has said that the states need to take over responsibility for funding Medicare because we need the money to fight wars for Israel, apparently.
If that is moderation, I’ll eat my hat.
"You can ask him 100 times, and he's "going to give you the same damn answer: The issue is around getting things done."
Is he under orders from headquarters, as the (D) Patty spox were when Joe Biden ran for reelection in 2024?
If Hong wins the primary, doesn't that give the GOP a better chance to win the governorship?
Hong supports the Palestinians, so is a public enemy of those pushing this senseless war of aggression against a country that did nothing to us.
Poor Crowley. Even in the comments nobody talks about him.
That’s Israel’s play, Howard, because they can’t even run on what they really stand for, because surrendering our sovereignty to a foreign country is actually treason.
The browser put in that word “even.”
Ignore the problem. Great leadership.
I hope Hong wins the primary and general. It's not likely, but like that fellow in Scott Galloway in NYC is learning, hard lessons are the ones that really stick with you. Nothing as sobering as a taste of reality.
Speaking of reality, those how drag Israel into every topic of discussion seem to live in their own. Weird.
@wildswan, it might be interesting to wait a few days and then check with the county to see if you have, in fact, been re-registered, or are on the voter rolls at all.
Howard said...
“If Hong wins the primary, doesn't that give the GOP a better chance to win the governorship?”
If Trump wins the 2016 primary, doesn’t that give Hilary a better chance to win the presidency?
Both are disruptors tapping into disaffection in their respective party’s voting base. Is it enough in Hong’s case? Or is it more like Mamdami where a small group of energized voters got their candidate to win in a low turnout election?
wildswan said...
“…Like waking up as a centipede.”
Gregor Samsa had something similar happen to him.
Jaq said...
The browser put in that word “even.”
Maybe it was trying to insert “Evers” and auto-correct took over. Dueling bots.
I’m going to give the same answer 100 times because my soon to be unemployed aide that tells me all of my answers is vacationing in Minoqua.
The press has latched firmly on to Hong and her craziness. Crowley will get no attention, except for harmful coverage. The media have selected the form of your destructor.
Normal Democrats like Evers are now fully feeling the burden of having to feign unity with these DSA nutjobs. Smooth talking as Hong might be (says Althouse) people are going to intuitively grasp that she's Mandami-level nuts.
You forget what you wrote... two weeks ago?
Glad you're out of the classroom and have meade as a companion. Not really early onset dementia at 78, and remember you are still the prettiest, fairest dame in the mirror...
No wonder you cling to the status quo and are afraid of social changes... be there for her, meade. Don't run out on this wife. You'll find another gal in Madison in time to move into Cohen house...
Maybe try puzzles and memory games to hold on to what you can?
“…David Crowley has made no impression on me. Personally, I'm a sucker for blandness and normality and moderation…”
Sounds like Crowley is just what you want.
"shake things up" -
LOL.
Evers wants to get back to what he does best — seeing to it that black children are not educated as well as white children are.
“Getting things done.” WHAT things? Are they “things” that benefit people who work for a living. Or will the Democrats merely expand on their efforts to screw over the middle and worki gclasses?
Democrats are collectively unserious about actually giving a shit about people. It's all a crazy shell game for corrupt commie power.
Through the looking glass.
One of many empty slogans from the Biden era was
"Get things done"
yeah - like an open border (which is actually illegal)
To the left - getting things done means - how badly can we harm the citizens.
"shake things up"
"get things done"
= harm the people.
"Is it Hong's issues or is it what her antagonists are saying about her?"
Here 'antagonists' aren't really saying much about her on X. They are simply reposting her past crazy tweets and EXPOSING her.
She is a lunatic. It's why even Kenosha burning beta-cuck Tony Evers is worried.
Bill Maher said if a teenage beauty pageant contestant said what Ms. Hong said, we would all ridicule it, savor it, replay it.
Temujin said...
"I think it's time Madisonians get what they've been leaning toward for years. Hong as Governor is a fit. Wear it. Good luck."
There are a lot of good people, and beautiful places in Wisconsin, that are NOTHING like Madison.
Please don't wish this upon us.
Evers doesn't want to talk about why Hong is wrong because it would mean admitting Trump and the GOP are right about some thjngs.
“Evers cleverly kept me from remembering it. I'll give him that.”
I’d like to give Evers several swift kicks in the ass. And I don’t even live in Wisconsin.
I was born in Wisconsin - and what Gust says is right. Wisconsin is not just blue-screw Madison.
**Hong supports the Palestinians, so is a public enemy of those pushing this senseless war of aggression against a country that did nothing to us.**
Jaq, what “country” is being unfairly attacked but “did nothing to us”? You mention Gaza which isn’t a country so what is “this senseless aggression” of which you make reference?
"..this senseless war of aggression against a country that did nothing to us.."
i GOTTA assume that the agression was Oct7 and the country that did nothing to Us was Israel... Right Jaq?
“War of aggression” keeps turning in my mind. Is there some super secret way of waging war that is non-aggressive? Perhaps a friendly war of a type unknown to me?
So "shake things up", right. Like a 8.0 earthquake on the Richter scale?
Let's all turn over the apple cart. Then watch while the loony left makes sure there are no new carts built. Make sure no apple sales licenses are issued. And then wonder why there are no more apples to be had.
Vladimir Lenin also stood for something and offered to shake things up... And then did.
It disgusts me that some of y'all are wishing for Hong to win as some sort of karmic punishment for the good people of Wisconsin. Just horrible.
Also, you can bring something to the table yourself by donating to her campaign here.
Your donation will be managed by ActBlue so you know it's safe and secure.
I think Hong wins the Democrat nomination, but loses the general election to Tom Tiffany, the exact type of white man she hates. Tony Evers must think so too.
I'm simply basing this off of 1) Ron Johnson beating Mandela Barnes in 2022 for US Senate, and 2) Trump carrying WI over Kamala Harris for President.
I believe the wildcard will be liberal suburban white women. Sure they vote for the liberal white woman for WI Supreme Court, but these women have money. The liberal women to have turned Ozaukee County purple/blue, and Waukesha County light red, will either stay home or vote for Tom Tiffany.
In the end, they will vote for their self interests and protect their wealth from Hong, Madison, and Milwaukee.
The most surprised person in 2018 that Tony Evers won was Tony Evers.
Since then he has cultivated zero relationships with Dems in the legislature or statewide. They returned the favor by shooting down his school funding/tax relief bill.
He brings zero political capital to a candidate.
Evers is ecstatic that there is a candidate for governor that is stupider than he is.
I’m not interested in candidate rhetoric or ability to speak like Trump. I’m only interested in policy. I don’t listen to candidates, I ignore the ads and their marketing messages. I only look at what their policy statements are. It’s like looking at a church website. I go straight to “what we believe” and also see what seminary, if any, the pastor attended. Don’t try to sell me.
I understand the appeal of a candidate like Hong who stands for something and offers to shake everything up.
Really? What's she "Stand for"?
Defunding the police, so everyone can get robbed, raped, and / or murdered? Except, of course, for criminals, THEY must be protected.
Ending Thanksgiving?
Eliminating "white people"?
What is it that she actually stands for?
Hitler stood for some things. Mao stood for some things. Hong stands for some things too - Thanksgiving is for colonizers or some stupid notion. She should be getting mocked and laughed off the Town Square.
Evers is a zero, has always been a zero and nobody listens to him, not even his own party. He was a puppet of the teachers union.
Wisconsin voters made a very stupid move in exchanging Walker for Evers. Electing Hong would be five times more stupid. Are Wisconsin voters five times more stupid than they were in 2018? We shall soon find out.
These DSA nutjobs winning primaries is not just a problem for Dems that normal people can laugh about. Some of these creatures are going to win general elections, and not just in places like NYC. It will not be funny.
DarkHelmet said...
These DSA nutjobs winning primaries is not just a problem for Dems that normal people can laugh about. Some of these creatures are going to win general elections, and not just in places like NYC. It will not be funny.
Anyone who votes for a DSA candidate deserves to have their life destroyed. So yes, any place they win?
The resulting destruction WILL be funny
एक टिप्पणी भेजें
Please use the comments forum to respond to the post. Don't fight with each other. Be substantive... or interesting... or funny. Comments should go up immediately... unless you're commenting on a post older than 4 days. Then you have to wait for us to moderate you through. It's also possible to get shunted into spam by the machine. We try to keep an eye on that and release the miscaught good stuff. We do delete some comments, but not for viewpoint... for bad faith. Also: No italics, even briefly. Use asterisks for emphasis. And don't play with the format by changing fonts or using boldface or all caps. Never include more than one extra line break between paragraphs.