1 ఆగస్టు, 2026

"Every time we find out something new about GLP-1, it's a positive.... They're now saying that it reduces the likelihood of stage one cancer going to metastatic cancer..."

"... by 50%. Every time we keep waiting for another shoe to drop, we find out, 'Oh, it's actually a good thing.' Everyone at this table is going to be on a GLP-1 within 24 months....  I think when you look at the studies around the upside versus the downside here, it's the most transformative technology in the world."

Says Scott Galloway, ticking off Bill Maher:

AND: Speaking of Scott Galloway...

55 కామెంట్‌లు:

Jersey Fled చెప్పారు...

Not me.

rehajm చెప్పారు...

yes- Galloway does the pre-covid I trust government to tell me to wear a mask outdoors and shut down civilization and shame and/or threaten anyone who doesn’t want to wear a mask outdoors or shut down civilization. Remember when the hosts here did that? I do…

Galloway can predict all he wants but never let him run anything…

Peachy+2 చెప్పారు...

Thank Maher on this one. He's right.

RCOCEAN II చెప్పారు...

Well if its a miracle drug, I'm all for it. And not all "miracle drugs" have bad side-effects. Penicillin and asprin come to mind.

Maybe we'll get lucky.

Peachy+2 చెప్పారు...

Another jab... who is this galloway guy?

I don't trust anyone who sells like that.

n.n చెప్పారు...

And muscular atrophy. The alternative is a fatty diet corelated, but not causative of a fatty body. A diet in moderation. Some would say not, but as for me, in gastronomy, I believe.

RCOCEAN II చెప్పారు...

And I agree we should all be thin due to our own will power. Eat less, excercise more. But obviously, some people need help. They cant do it on their own and need GLP-1.

Its sort of a weird purtainism to insist "Hey don't use that drug, do it on your own. Will power". Do we tell people, just overcome pain on your own, put down that asprin bottle? Or look down on people who use crutches and wheelchairs?

ChrisC చెప్పారు...

For those of us who were alive in 1969, he is 100% right about there being almost no fat people. When I was in college in the 70's it seems like the number one complaint about a girl's looks is that she was "too skinny".

bagoh20 చెప్పారు...

Everyone losing their drive sounds foreboding. The science fiction writers got a lot right about the future human condition of automaton zombies taking their required pills like a planet-sized One Flew Over the Cuckoo's Nest. Nurse Ratched will the person who doesn't take the pills.

RCOCEAN II చెప్పారు...

You see this puritanism with alcohol too. Some people are genetically wired to be alcoholics. But some, and I bet bill maher is one, probably mock and sneer at the idea that it can be a disease. "Just put down that drink, loser" is probably his attitude.

But X percent cant do that. And need help to cure their addiction.

RCOCEAN II చెప్పారు...

I was alive in the 70s, and there were plenty of fatties.

bagoh20 చెప్పారు...

I'd love to take that, get skinny and stop cancer, but less drive is something our society can't afford, although once technology takes over all the work, it may facilitate the final steps in our "evolution".

Howard చెప్పారు...

I hear you, Bago. Doing it all naturally actually increases your drive into the stratosphere. Working out, eating unprocessed whole foods. Eating a wide variety of fermented foods. Stop drinking alcohol have a very meaningful, intimate and diverse social life, stay on your feet for at least 8 hours a day, get great sleep.

Colorado most people can't do that all on their own in the glp one is a perfect gateway drug to health that you can then wean off of and get your desire and drive back once you've reached your goals.

Mike (MJB Wolf) చెప్పారు...

Blanket statements belong in kindergarten. Not adult conversations. There’s the one “time” the news announced uncontrollable diarrhea in patients. Another one was diminished sex drive. Then the anecdotal reports of horrificly bad breath. So slow that roll on all the “news is good” BS.

Peachy+2 చెప్పారు...

LONG COVID and the COVID jab - already removed our drive and our ability to hold short term memories.

Peachy+2 చెప్పారు...

I just got back from a short trip to an upper mid-western state.
Wow - lots of over-weight people and really bad eating habits.

Colorado - despite being ruined financially by the corrupt left single party rule authoritarians - is one of the healthier states.

Peachy+2 చెప్పారు...

Agree Howard - best to eat health and exercise.
Sitting is the new smoking.

Gusty Winds చెప్పారు...

Galloway's observations about gambling addiction among young men was sincere. He claimed states that legalize gambling see a 30% uptick in bankruptcies. Wisconsin is sadly hooked on gambling revenue.

I don't know enough about GLP-1. I just know I have no desire to take it.

Achilles చెప్పారు...

Everything they are saying about GLP1s is a lie. They are not a wonder drug or a cure for obesity. They are a temporary fix that only works if you keep taking it.

They are doing the correlation causation dance again on purpose to hide what is reducing the metastatic Cancer switch.

They know that Insulin resistance is the overwhelming correlative factors with aggressive cancers.

But they will do everything they can to hide that our health care industry loses at least 80% of its market of sick people if people just stop eating carbs and vegetable oil.

People who eat cow diets turn into cows and apparently their brains shrink.

tommyesq చెప్పారు...

Re the muscle loss comment above, studies show that muscle loss on GLP1's is comparable to muscle loss through dieting alone.

Achilles చెప్పారు...

Gusty Winds said...

I don't know enough about GLP-1. I just know I have no desire to take it.

They are a set of peptides.

Insulin was the first peptide they discovered. Since then they have found dozens of peptides that are easy to produce and have a variety of positive and negative effects.

GLP1's have decades of study in Russia and have been used all over the world. The drug companies had the Biden administration make them illegal in the US so they could sell them to us for 1000$ a month.

They are absurdly cheap to make.

And RFK is playing along with this. He is such a disappointment.

Peachy+2 చెప్పారు...

After Covid Jab hysteria, shaming and government/media force ... people should be gun shy on forced jabs and perfection laced promises.
More info needed, indeed.

btw- I've given up most sugar and switched to stevia. Stevia is not tasty like sugar - but it helps transition. Now when I eat sugar - it freaks me out a bit. It's SOOO sweet.
I've lost weight and feel amazing.

Leland చెప్పారు...

I use a GLP-1. I got on it when my ALC hit 7. I've been using it for 3 years, and my A1C has been below 5.5 for nearly the entire time I've used them. Most of you seem to believe whatever you've been reading good or bad, and I see no point correcting your ignorance. Except I'll note one thing, since it keeps getting mentioned today. My drive is stronger, whether for basic exercise, sexual, or focus on work. But if isn't for you, that's fine.

Don't be like Fauci and think whatever is good for you is good for everyone else.

Smilin' Jack చెప్పారు...

“ For those of us who were alive in 1969, he is 100% right about there being almost no fat people.”

Yes, that’s one thing that really stands out now when you watch the crowd scenes in “Woodstock”.

"Every time we find out something new about GLP-1, it's a positive....“

It’s like the opposite of Climate Change. We are so fortunate to live in a time when the climate is so perfect that any change whatsoever is always for the worse.

Achilles చెప్పారు...

tommyesq said...

Re the muscle loss comment above, studies show that muscle loss on GLP1's is comparable to muscle loss through dieting alone.

If you go into calorie deficit with high insulin levels you will lose muscle and keep the fat. That is why dieting always fails. This is the most known thing in diet science. If you eat a low fat diet with 3-6 meals a day grazing on carbs on a calorie deficit you are doing everything you possibly can to lose muscle and decrease bone density.

The obvious long term fix is to stop eating like a cow and start eating like a human. Humans are persistence hunters. If you live on a persistence hunter diet you grow lean muscle mass and develop bones and joints that allow you to run all day.

The problem with the obvious fix is our health care industry collapses because there aren't any more sick people.

Peachy+2 చెప్పారు...

Leland - thanks for the perspective. Good to know.

Charlie Currie చెప్పారు...

In a year no one will be using the current glp1 because there are better combination drugs in the pipeline. You still need to add lifestyle changes for these drugs to be effective over the long haul.

Just eat meat. Meat is medicine. Same effect without the down sides.

Charlie Currie చెప్పారు...

Which celebrity will be the next Karen Carpenter?

Leland చెప్పారు...

Thanks peachy. There are just some things that are good to consult a medical professional. My prescription comes from an endocrinologist that I saw every quarter until recently. Now we are going to semi-annual virtual visits. It works very well for me. My mother-in-law didn’t do well on them and my wife has had good results but not like mine.

On the drive stuff,I simply don’t know where that comes from, because I’ve never heard of that problem from anyone I know that uses or used them. I also find it exactly the opposite of my experience. I know their are real and serious side effects, but that’s not one I’ve heard any place but here.

gilbar చెప్పారు...

remember the Olden Days?
when we were told that we HAD TO Pretend it was OKAY to be fat?
remember? they Even had a "special" word for it..
Body Posing Tive it Tee, or something.
those were weird days!

tommyesq చెప్పారు...

"Which celebrity will be the next Karen Carpenter?"

Based on the video posted here today, I would say Ariana Grande.

Leland చెప్పారు...

Agree with Charlie on both lifestyle changes and eating meat.

Peachy+2 చెప్పారు...

Leland - Again, all good information. I like to hear about real people and real experiences. (from people I trust!)

I think the "drive is gone" phenomenon is from the COVID jab. Just my own theory.

WWPaulKlee చెప్పారు...

In the outer space/cowboy movie Serenity, the intergalactic government did a planetary trial of PAC 369 gas or some such. Everyone lost all their drives and died where they sat, or drove a bus. Except the 0.01 % who developed the side effect of transforming into savage cannibal Rievers, scourge of the universe. Metaphor? Nope.

gilbar చెప్పారు...

RCOCEAN II said...
"..I was alive in the 70s, and there were plenty of fatties.."

do you remember what "fatties" weighed back then?
back then what was fat? 200lbs?
what is fat today? 250? 300? 350?
there is a BIG difference between being overweight,
being obese, and being morbidly obese.

rehajm చెప్పారు...

“Colorado - despite being ruined financially by the corrupt left single party rule authoritarians - is one of the healthier states.”

Ha yah- Boulder has lots of problems but a dearth of pert butts isn’t one of them…

gilbar చెప్పారు...

meanwhile, here is Yet Another example of fatphobic marketing:
https://x.com/ywomendeservles/status/2083400310270374112

Lem Vibe Bandit చెప్పారు...

There are no miracles. There are only trade-offs.
It's the first story in the bible. Isn't it?

This video feels apt here... again.

n.n చెప్పారు...

Metabolism follows an order of energy, resistance is also a law of physics: kinetic with potential reserves. The latter is where health is managed. That said, dietary fat is congruent but not equal to body fat.

Mary Beth చెప్పారు...

"there is a BIG difference between being overweight,
being obese, and being morbidly obese."

I think when you look at photos from the '60s or '70s, people carried less weight than they do now, but it's hard to tell how the numbers of really obese compare because they didn't have mobility scooters. They weren't in the photos because they couldn't get up and out in public.

Peachy+2 చెప్పారు...

rehajm - indeed. pert butts abound. tight yoga pants and young hot CU students... I hate them/ //// ;-)
Boulder is also the opposite of a food desert.
We have tons of grocery stores - many with lots of cheap organic produce and products. It's easy to eat healthy here.

Peachy+2 చెప్పారు...

Lem @ 11:39 speaks wisdom.

Peachy+2 చెప్పారు...

B-town also has a lot of charity and food banks.
We don't need no stinking Communist Caliphate Madmani here. Even tho the left would vote for it - just to destroy a good thing.

Yancey Ward చెప్పారు...

I hope these are the miracle drugs with no serious side effects that Galloway claims but I will need to see at least another decade of long-term use to feel comfortable advising anyone to take one. Fortunately, I don't need them though I do have very close relatives and in-laws that would benefit from serious weight loss.

John Borell చెప్పారు...

I’m 56 and in shape. I train regularly and generally eat healthy. There is zero chance I’m taking this. Zero.

john mosby చెప్పారు...

Smilin Jack: "“ For those of us who were alive in 1969, he is 100% right about there being almost no fat people.”

Yes, that’s one thing that really stands out now when you watch the crowd scenes in “Woodstock”."

18-yos in 1969 were born in 1951. They had Cold War-inspired gym class in school, plus outdoor recess and a full hour of lunch when they also got to go outside. They also walked or rode bikes to school and all over their neighborhoods. They often had afterschool and summer jobs like paper routes, builders' helpers, or food service, where they stayed on their feet, walked around, lifted and carried things, etc. 50s food was possibly our worst ever from a nutritional standpoint, but at least they had small portions.

Almost none of the above is true for kids today. CC, JSM

bagoh20 చెప్పారు...

Maybe the cancer benefit and all the other good news is just the stuff you get from calorie reduction, especially lower carbs and the improved insulin sensitivity from eating less, which has a wide array of benefits regardless of how you get there.

TaeJohnDo చెప్పారు...

Leland and others, I started a GLP on 3 Jan of this year. I have lost 59 pounds in that time. I just finished a 16 mile e-bike ride in my neighborhood in the foothills of the Sandia Mountains. The ride had an elevation gain of 1470 feet and yes, e-bike, but I get a decent workout from it. I ride an average of 5 times a week, 9 miles min. I am 67 years old and have not felt this good in 20 years. My A1C is 5.6. It was close to 7.0 when I started. I watch what I eat but I have not restricted my diet in any way. I still have 3-4 cups of coffee with sugar every morning. I tried all of the sugar substitutes and none worked for me, and in fact stevia made me sick. I eat less, fell less hungry, have little to no 'food noise'. I exercise more and have changed my lifestyle but not in a drastic way. It works for me, and at 67 years old, I was willing to try it and take. I will talk to my doc at my next appointment in Dec to see about an oral dose. Not because I don't like needles, but because I plan on doing a 3-4 week trip and don't want to hassle with refrigerating the medicine.

Eva Marie చెప్పారు...

That second video: Galloway supporting Mamdani’s pied a terre tax, then complaining about being doxxed in this era of revenge shootings. Maybe don’t vote for the commie next time.
Priceless.

Lazarus చెప్పారు...

Stop. You had me at "Lose tons of weight without really trying" ...

James K చెప్పారు...

I lost about 20 lbs by cutting back on carbs, going from 3 to 2 meals a day (I usually don't eat before 11:30 or so other than black coffee), and my A1C went from 6.1 to 5.4. That was about 5 years ago. I've kept the weight off, exercise a lot, and would not consider a GLP-1. On the down side, supposedly, my LDL went up (this often results from lower carbs), and my doc recommends a statin, but I'm not going along with that at least for now. My HDL is high and triglycerides are low. Statins also can cause brain fog and muscle aches. Both parents lived to 98, so I'll take my chances.

FullMoon చెప్పారు...

Use it if you need it. Once weight is down, eat healthy and stay busy.

Aggie చెప్పారు...

The people in 1969 were mostly baby boomers in their 20s, and a lot of them smoked. America's demographic was skewed much younger; of course they were skinny. Now they're in their 70s and 80s and a lot of them are fat. And I remember plenty of fat people back then, too, although our industrialized diet hadn't gone to rat sh*t as badly, then.

Galloway seems shocked to discover that he's in the line of people insisting that the tax they virtuously 'agree with' is laser-focused on their newly found, published eligibility. In other words: He's flabbergasted to find out the crocodiles have come to eat him this early.

All I can say is, enjoy the ride, New Yorkers ! You voted for it, and you got it ! Congratulations !

Iman చెప్పారు...

Scott Galloway is a lefty putz. Anyone that hangs with that excremental dwarf Kara Swisher can kiss my ass.

gadfly చెప్పారు...

I take GLP-1 and have achieved great results, I dropped 40 pounds, a 20% reduction and my A1C glucose level has dropped to 5.5. My ankles don't swell as much and I lost seven inches off my waist.

But who is kidding who? When you lose weight quickly, you lose muscle. So the next improvement in the drug has to be frailty prevention.

కామెంట్‌ను పోస్ట్ చేయండి

Please use the comments forum to respond to the post. Don't fight with each other. Be substantive... or interesting... or funny. Comments should go up immediately... unless you're commenting on a post older than 4 days. Then you have to wait for us to moderate you through. It's also possible to get shunted into spam by the machine. We try to keep an eye on that and release the miscaught good stuff. We do delete some comments, but not for viewpoint... for bad faith. Also: No italics, even briefly. Use asterisks for emphasis. And don't play with the format by changing fonts or using boldface or all caps. Never include more than one extra line break between paragraphs.