"I would be remiss in my duty, if I did not tell you, that the idea of... intercourse - the fact of your firm, young... body... commingling with the... withered flesh... sagging breasts... and flabby b-b-buttocks... makes me want... to vomit."
...at first look it fails the half plus seven rule women usually hate but then, like a rusty classic car restored there's so many new body parts the weighted average might just pull it in under the line...
I remember when Demi Moore and Ashton Kutcher got together. That lasted way longer than I thought it would. Smaller she difference, though.
The problem with... shall we say, December-May romances? is evolutionary, it seems to me: young men want attractive, fertile women (whereas young women want good providers, so there's more room for May-December age differences). But money can help an older woman look younger, sometimes a lot younger, and maybe fool a young man's hormones up to a point. Then I guess, if you're the older woman and (like most women, statistically) you want a relationship, not just some hookups, you'd better hope your scintillating personality will carry the day. Odds are not great in any case, but in this one?
Maybe she's nicer and more fun in real life than she seems, though. As long as you're not a Trump-sympathetic Republican, that is.
As I’ve remarked before, I routinely go to swing dances at the local Polish social hall. Lots of elderly, lonely gents and quite a few pretty young things in their 30s and 40s who don’t seem at all averse to an old man for a companion. And why not? Half the women of that age have sworn off child bearing, so the old gent isn’t robbing some young thing of her chance to have babies.
Older woman with money willing to give up money and sex is likely quite appealing to a 22 year old man. If she is stingy with either or both, then either he’s gay or it will end even sooner. I’m sure Madonna could bag her a 22 year old too.
I gather that Griffin has a long history of dating younger men (and I think she was married to someone who was something like 20 years younger, wasn't she?)
Didn't she once break up with someone because he was too young at 23? I guess she changed her mind.
I confess to a visceral dislike for this particular celebrity. But what she does in this area, I don't really care about. It's far more unusual for women to go with super-younger partners than for men. But I guess I must apply the same standard, and so I will.
It happens.
I'm 65 and I don't really foresee someone new in my life. I really can't imagine going particularly younger, let alone by 45 years (not that I'd have that option, I acknowledge). But more power to those who can, I guess: to each his own.
eh...I mean there's all the warnings to men about...ah, 'product placement' in the vicinity of crazy women but at 22 young men are still exploring, experimenting at a time in their lives where there's plenty of time to recover from catastrophic failure. Plus no worrys about her pulling the goalie...
The headline is intriguing but I avoid Zuckerberg properties ever since Instagram locked me out for refusing to supply my birth date. Man it must be a decade or so now.
Anyway, did the video add anything that the headline didn’t include?
"Imagine a girl who fell off the ugly tree and hit every branch coming down! So they're about to get down to it and all of us jump out from behind a hay bale and yell 'DANNY! YOU'RE A YOUNG MAN! DON'T DO IT!'" - Private James Ryan
Ladies is he worthy of being a kept man? I know what our side thinks of her but am curious what women think of this scenario. Althouse posted it, if past behavior holds, for a reason. It’s not so that the dudes here will make Griffin jokes. So what do our female commenters see in this?
I'm pondering on the 1/2 +7 rule. This is the rule that says it is OK for a man to sexually pursue a younger woman, provided that her age is half of his, plus seven. There are evident reasons, why a young woman and an older man might make a good mating couple. And indeed, I think that the rule assumes at least the possibility of marriage.
But this makes me wonder. Obviously, there is a cultural approval of same-age couplings, despite the possible advantages of an age difference. It occurred to me, that this might be a result of schooling practices; in American public schools, adolescents are grouped by age.
But this made me wonder, what about Romeo and Juliet? Did they attend Thomas Jefferson Junior High School, like I did? Probably not. So, where did they meet? This young Capulet, and her beloved Montague? Why weren't they channeled into acceptable marriages? How did they even come to know each other?
The discussion of Buddhism and naughty words was more entertaining though.
Griffith's persona life before age 45 is a big blank probably because she's lesbian. After that she's been in a never-ending stream of "relationships" none of which last -and are probably just done for publicity.
Of course, maybe she was just plain ugly before she got well-to-do and could afford all kinds of surgery.
Eh - It's likely he is being paid. There is an awful lot of images of her that are not flattering. she knows this. Gutfeld likes to mock her. Now that is funny.
You can learn a lot from older women, and I would guess this young man has a lot to learn. For him it should at the least be a financial pleasure, to quote Kinky Friedman.
School daze. Good for the gander, good for the goose.
I don’t like Kathy Griffin and have no opinion on her relationships but I love that photograph. A still image with implied motion. You can see him move. There’s the bemused expression on her face. The much less sexy younger woman stepping out of the photograph and of course it all takes place in front of Sardi’s. But what’s up with the guy in the yellow hat? Much younger dorky couple. Quite a photo. Thank you.
Griffin has a record of using relationships and fake relationships to call attention to herself, most notably with Steve Wozniak. There's a photo circulating on the internet of Kathy Griffin without her make-up and she's truly horrendous. But so what? She's been able to monetize her dysfunctionality and that's what matters today. The eye-catching thing about this picture is the incredibly orange hair on both of them.
The FWB came into my life when she was 21 and I was 62 and has lived with me, on and off (a joke in there somewhere) for the past nine years. I once sent her a Get Better card. She wasn't ill, I just thought she could get better. The interruptions in our relationship are purely due to her relapse into drug use. Clean and sober, she can be around. In active addiction, she is "on suspension" LOL
Ah, the topic of age-appropriate relationships. From the point of view of the young man, it's entirely possible that she has oral skills vastly in excess of the young women his age. When I was in my early 20s, I played stud to three women who were in their 40s, two of them in Hollywood. They would pretty much do anything I wanted and were happy to do it. "Cougars" would be the modern term for it. If the young man is indeed gay, maybe he does her enough to keep her happy and enjoys whatever social advantage he is accruing. Age gap prudery is a ridiculously recent event in human history primarily informed by the power gap dynamic bullshit from Marxist-feminism. As either Achilles or Jupiter opined above, the forced sorting by age cohort in public schools probably contributes to some extent.
Please use the comments forum to respond to the post. Don't fight with each other. Be substantive... or interesting... or funny. Comments should go up immediately... unless you're commenting on a post older than 4 days. Then you have to wait for us to moderate you through. It's also possible to get shunted into spam by the machine. We try to keep an eye on that and release the miscaught good stuff. We do delete some comments, but not for viewpoint... for bad faith. Also: No italics, even briefly. Use asterisks for emphasis. And don't play with the format by changing fonts or using boldface or all caps. Never include more than one extra line break between paragraphs.
I am a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for me to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
Encourage Althouse by making a donation:
Make a 1-time donation or set up a monthly donation of any amount you choose:
53 ટિપ્પણીઓ:
It won’t last.
"I would be remiss in my duty, if I did not tell you, that the idea of... intercourse - the fact of your firm, young... body... commingling with the... withered flesh... sagging breasts... and flabby b-b-buttocks... makes me want... to vomit."
Consenting adults, as far as we know.
Why should I care?
I’m 76. It’s tough and lonely being old. If you can find a few moments of respite from the loneliness… good for you.
...at first look it fails the half plus seven rule women usually hate but then, like a rusty classic car restored there's so many new body parts the weighted average might just pull it in under the line...
...be your own sugar daddy...
As the one comment notes, does this work the other way 'round? If not, why not?
I remember when Demi Moore and Ashton Kutcher got together. That lasted way longer than I thought it would. Smaller she difference, though.
The problem with... shall we say, December-May romances? is evolutionary, it seems to me: young men want attractive, fertile women (whereas young women want good providers, so there's more room for May-December age differences). But money can help an older woman look younger, sometimes a lot younger, and maybe fool a young man's hormones up to a point. Then I guess, if you're the older woman and (like most women, statistically) you want a relationship, not just some hookups, you'd better hope your scintillating personality will carry the day. Odds are not great in any case, but in this one?
Maybe she's nicer and more fun in real life than she seems, though. As long as you're not a Trump-sympathetic Republican, that is.
As I’ve remarked before, I routinely go to swing dances at the local Polish social hall. Lots of elderly, lonely gents and quite a few pretty young things in their 30s and 40s who don’t seem at all averse to an old man for a companion. And why not? Half the women of that age have sworn off child bearing, so the old gent isn’t robbing some young thing of her chance to have babies.
Older woman with money willing to give up money and sex is likely quite appealing to a 22 year old man. If she is stingy with either or both, then either he’s gay or it will end even sooner. I’m sure Madonna could bag her a 22 year old too.
Have at it, pal.
I gather that Griffin has a long history of dating younger men (and I think she was married to someone who was something like 20 years younger, wasn't she?)
Didn't she once break up with someone because he was too young at 23? I guess she changed her mind.
I confess to a visceral dislike for this particular celebrity. But what she does in this area, I don't really care about. It's far more unusual for women to go with super-younger partners than for men. But I guess I must apply the same standard, and so I will.
It happens.
I'm 65 and I don't really foresee someone new in my life. I really can't imagine going particularly younger, let alone by 45 years (not that I'd have that option, I acknowledge). But more power to those who can, I guess: to each his own.
this Kathy Griffin?
What SSRI is he taking?? Or, how much does she pay him?? There is NO way, any normal guy would want that.
Or - This Kathy Griffin?
Is she afraid someone might chop off her head?
She's a Hollywood grifter. Another talentless hack with money.
Bitter loser being a bitter loser.
There is no actual fulfillment or joy in that picture. Just surface hedonism.
Kathy will leave no positive contributions to the world that anyone will remember.
Everyone will remember 1 picture of her being a murderous evil piece of shit.
eh...I mean there's all the warnings to men about...ah, 'product placement' in the vicinity of crazy women but at 22 young men are still exploring, experimenting at a time in their lives where there's plenty of time to recover from catastrophic failure. Plus no worrys about her pulling the goalie...
I think a 65-year-old woman with a 22-year-old man is better than the reverse. Nearly no chance of ending up getting children involved.
The headline is intriguing but I avoid Zuckerberg properties ever since Instagram locked me out for refusing to supply my birth date. Man it must be a decade or so now.
Anyway, did the video add anything that the headline didn’t include?
Some might say she's robbing the cradle, but I say he's robbing the grave.
She is a D-lister. You'd get more clout dating the local cougar.
"Imagine a girl who fell off the ugly tree and hit every branch coming down! So they're about to get down to it and all of us jump out from behind a hay bale and yell 'DANNY! YOU'RE A YOUNG MAN! DON'T DO IT!'" - Private James Ryan
Ladies is he worthy of being a kept man? I know what our side thinks of her but am curious what women think of this scenario. Althouse posted it, if past behavior holds, for a reason. It’s not so that the dudes here will make Griffin jokes. So what do our female commenters see in this?
Jupiter said...
Just because:
I'm pondering on the 1/2 +7 rule. This is the rule that says it is OK for a man to sexually pursue a younger woman, provided that her age is half of his, plus seven.
There are evident reasons, why a young woman and an older man might make a good mating couple. And indeed, I think that the rule assumes at least the possibility of marriage.
But this makes me wonder. Obviously, there is a cultural approval of same-age couplings, despite the possible advantages of an age difference. It occurred to me, that this might be a result of schooling practices; in American public schools, adolescents are grouped by age.
But this made me wonder, what about Romeo and Juliet? Did they attend Thomas Jefferson Junior High School, like I did? Probably not. So, where did they meet? This young Capulet, and her beloved Montague? Why weren't they channeled into acceptable marriages? How did they even come to know each other?
The discussion of Buddhism and naughty words was more entertaining though.
I’d have an even harder time believing he’s a professional “bodyguard.”
Griffith's persona life before age 45 is a big blank probably because she's lesbian. After that she's been in a never-ending stream of "relationships" none of which last -and are probably just done for publicity.
Of course, maybe she was just plain ugly before she got well-to-do and could afford all kinds of surgery.
Kathy Griffin?! That is one formerly desperately-unemployed gigolo.
Obviously, the young man is either gay or a bodyguard. But yeah have some fun and imagine the two are romantically involved. LOL.
And to think you settled for saggy balls meade... lol
Why does Kathy Griffin need a bodyguard?
Where perseus shield
Eh - It's likely he is being paid.
There is an awful lot of images of her that are not flattering. she knows this.
Gutfeld likes to mock her. Now that is funny.
If I were a bodyguard and a client posted something implying there was more to the relationship, I'd expect a huge bonus.
I didn't recognize her without the second head.
She is wayyy on the wrong side of the crazy/hot matrix.
"...time to rub the bunions..." is an oft used, out of context phrase at our house...
Men are easy.
You can learn a lot from older women, and I would guess this young man has a lot to learn. For him it should at the least be a financial pleasure, to quote Kinky Friedman.
School daze. Good for the gander, good for the goose.
"Why does Kathy Griffin need a bodyguard?"
Apparently, the same reason Epstein needed a masseuse.
I don’t like Kathy Griffin and have no opinion on her relationships but I love that photograph. A still image with implied motion. You can see him move. There’s the bemused expression on her face. The much less sexy younger woman stepping out of the photograph and of course it all takes place in front of Sardi’s. But what’s up with the guy in the yellow hat? Much younger dorky couple. Quite a photo. Thank you.
Well, he doesn't have to worry about getting her pregnant and child support and all that.
Griffin has a record of using relationships and fake relationships to call attention to herself, most notably with Steve Wozniak. There's a photo circulating on the internet of Kathy Griffin without her make-up and she's truly horrendous. But so what? She's been able to monetize her dysfunctionality and that's what matters today. The eye-catching thing about this picture is the incredibly orange hair on both of them.
Check out the little boys shoes. Then tell me this is a normal relationship. (You can see the picture on The New York Post page)
https://x.com/BasedSavannah/status/2075558348989047120?s=20
Why are they holding hands if he is a bodyguard? And most bodyguards are a little more built -- but leftist soi boys are 1/10 of normal, so...
The FWB came into my life when she was 21 and I was 62 and has lived with me, on and off (a joke in there somewhere) for the past nine years. I once sent her a Get Better card. She wasn't ill, I just thought she could get better. The interruptions in our relationship are purely due to her relapse into drug use. Clean and sober, she can be around. In active addiction, she is "on suspension" LOL
Don't bodyguard have same rules as walking child safely on the inside away from traffic?
I'm now wondering if Head Decapitated was really her idea or someone paid her for the performance with NGO funds
Who guards the bodyguard?
Mary Beth said...
If I were a bodyguard and a client posted something implying there was more to the relationship, I'd expect a huge bonus.
At the very least a happy ending.
Ah, the topic of age-appropriate relationships. From the point of view of the young man, it's entirely possible that she has oral skills vastly in excess of the young women his age. When I was in my early 20s, I played stud to three women who were in their 40s, two of them in Hollywood. They would pretty much do anything I wanted and were happy to do it. "Cougars" would be the modern term for it. If the young man is indeed gay, maybe he does her enough to keep her happy and enjoys whatever social advantage he is accruing.
Age gap prudery is a ridiculously recent event in human history primarily informed by the power gap dynamic bullshit from Marxist-feminism. As either Achilles or Jupiter opined above, the forced sorting by age cohort in public schools probably contributes to some extent.
ટિપ્પણી પોસ્ટ કરો
Please use the comments forum to respond to the post. Don't fight with each other. Be substantive... or interesting... or funny. Comments should go up immediately... unless you're commenting on a post older than 4 days. Then you have to wait for us to moderate you through. It's also possible to get shunted into spam by the machine. We try to keep an eye on that and release the miscaught good stuff. We do delete some comments, but not for viewpoint... for bad faith. Also: No italics, even briefly. Use asterisks for emphasis. And don't play with the format by changing fonts or using boldface or all caps. Never include more than one extra line break between paragraphs.