Did I jinxed it? The Broadcasters brought it up. I think the unwritten rule is after the seventh is up broadcaster's own discretion to mention it or not.
"DEVELOPING: Abdul El-Sayed Top Staffer Quits Campaign—Shares Disturbing Truth About “Manufactured Man”–“Pushed multiple staff to tears”–“Immature”–“Cartoonishly fake masculinity” and “Loves to fart in public.” "
You know that jinxing thing, there might be something more to it than “superstition”. Now that quantum mechanics is a proven fundamental principle making up the universe. Once I made the observation 🧐 I changed it somehow 😉
I've read several reports over the last week or so that the volume of oil exiting Hormuz is up to prewar levels, if you don't count Iranian exports, which are zero.
The recovery in exports largely reflects the Gulf’s ability to route oil around the chokepoint. Iran still has leverage over Hormuz, but considerably less than it had before the war.
I looked it up and I'm sorry, but this is shocking to me. "An estimated 41 to 42 parents are arrested or recorded for killing their minor children **each month** in the United States, averaging nearly 500 cases per year"
I then I remembered, they don't vote. That means they have less standing than an illegal immigrant. I don't mean to get melodramatic but, there it is. Those numbers are war ravaged 3rd world hell hole shit. How is this tolerated?
We have another Lindsay Clan y copycat case, this one in South Carolina and the woman stabbed her 6 year old and 3 year old children fifty times — that’s not autocorrect, folks 5-0. Amazingly, as I read the story, the children were discovered still alive and apparently are likely to survive.
Taylor Gosnell, the mother with the knife, will have a harder time with an insanity plea than Clancy did, given that she refused to be interviewed by police without a lawyer present.
By the way, if you see a picture of the supposed 'axe' used in the Omani co-pilot's failed terrorist plane takeover, it looks a lot like a fireman's rescue tool, and bears only a slight resemblance to an axe. More like a backpacking hatchet. It does look like a rather wicked looking assault tool though.
"Imagine being unhappy about Iran losing its grip on the flow of oil through the strait."
Plenty of people happy about Trump having been shot and Charlie Kirk killed, so... yeah- I can imagine there are people unhappy about what's going on in Iran.
Women of the female sex have six weeks to apply a preemergent to block or abort conceived burden evolution. Postemergent burden control is generally considered a Choice of the insane or an insane Choice.
Am I the first to notice tha a Biden-appointed federal judge has ruled that a 1996 law criminalizing voting by non-citizens is unconstitutional? Gonna need the Supreme Court to weigh in on this one pretty quickly.
The cruxt of the ruling is that the states control voter qualification, not the Feds, so that 1996 law is determined to be unconstitutional.
If all states disallow non-citizen voting in federal elections it would seem to be ok. However, given the current preference for illegals that the democrats exhibit, it’s not clear to me that blue states would enforce their voter qualification laws and prosecute illegal voters in federal elections. .
Stacy is Right @PoliticalStacy · Follow In a very short period of time we’ve seen the left go from being ok with burning Teslas, to being ok with murdering CEOs, to being ok with murdering children.
Their spiritual decline and decay has been an alarming thing to witness and it appears to be accelerating. 10:36 AM · Oct 2, 2026
Don't the reconstruction amendments give Congress wide powers to enforce their provisions, including in matters of voting? I would think that overrides the original constitutional provisions.
And if not, there's the provision to reduce the state's congressional representation by the percentage of votes denied. Or my theory that the three-fifths clause applies to illegals.
And finally I'm sure we can squeeze it into the Commerce Clause. People won't want to move to a state where illegals vote, so it disrupts the flow of labor and goods. CC, JSM
Am I the first to notice tha a Biden-appointed federal judge has ruled that a 1996 law criminalizing voting by non-citizens is unconstitutional? Gonna need the Supreme Court to weigh in on this one pretty quickly.
When I first saw that story, I was like, "what the fuck?" And then I read it. His argument is that it's up to the states to enforce who can vote, not the federal government. And I was like, "ooo, that's over my head." I'd have to get into the weeds on that.
The other thing I noticed, is that the crime is only a misdemeanor. I can tell you what a misdemeanor is, at least in North Carolina while I was practicing: no jail whatsoever and unsupervised probation. (The one exception could be a DWI, particularly a multiple DWI). So the criminal sanction is pretty much nothing to somebody who is walking around illegally and is part of the underground economy. You don't want to be a criminal on a job application. But you also don't want to be an illegal immigrant on a job application.
Frankly, it's kind of weird to me that he's still in the country. They caught him, in the USA, committing crimes. Eject his ass.
My final thought is that Republicans might do okay with this ruling, politically. One, we like federalism. And two, we can attack "liberal judges" who are letting illegal immigrants vote in our elections. Democrats look weak on crime and weak on international security, simultaneously. Democrats have this evil plan to let illegal immigrants into the country, and then they have them vote in blue states like California. I don't know how lawless this judge is being. Maybe he's right on the Constitution, I don't actually have an opinion. But the ruling will certainly inspire Republicans, while making the Democrats look shady, dishonest, and weak.
Don't the reconstruction amendments give Congress wide powers to enforce their provisions, including in matters of voting? I would think that overrides the original constitutional provisions.
I re-read the 14th and concluded that the score was Obama Judge 1, Mosby 0. Sorry, buddy!
And if not, there's the provision to reduce the state's congressional representation by the percentage of votes denied.. Maybe? Explore this argument.
Or my theory that the three-fifths clause applies to illegals.. I'm just going to beg Republicans not to use an overturned slave clause to do anything. "Republicans hate slavery" has been our brand for 160 years. Dude.
And finally I'm sure we can squeeze it into the Commerce Clause. People won't want to move to a state where illegals vote, so it disrupts the flow of labor and goods.
Let me reformulate this argument. The federals have widespread power to control the flow of people into and out of the United States. Right? That's unquestionable. And it follows that the federals have widespread power to deal with the flow of people who are here illegally. We already know the illegal guy is flouting federal law. So when he votes illegally in a state election, that latter authority comes under the former. I think that's a pretty strong argument.
I repeat, it is kind of weird that this guy is running around, after he was caught voting illegally in a federal election. Maybe you need the voting court case to be heard, in order to roll back the vote totals or something.
My point is the "crime" (misdemeanor in Florida) is nothing to a guy who is flouting federal federal law. The real sanction is to boot his ass from our country. Democrats who want to fight that look very bad indeed.
I just have this conception of people who are here illegally as humble people who are looking for work. (I was raised by liberal wolves). People who are here illegally and are so brazen as to fraudulently vote blow up my illusions. I also don't like them signing up for free welfare and scamming our government for money.
I like it more than The Godfather, which features shitty immigrants. They might have been here legally, I can't remember. But by God they broke some laws.
My people came here in the 19th century, Scotch-Irish and English, at least on my Dad's side. The Carmichael clan.
My Mom's side doesn't care, apparently. Or our record-keeping is really bad on that half of the family.
Ironically, my Mom's family had all the family reunions and my Dad's family didn't bother. So we had all the parties on my Mom's side of the family, and zero conversations about where we came from and how long we've been here. Irish, would be my guess, from the name Cockerham.
And no alcohol at the parties. Very Baptist family reunions. My parents fled to the Episcopal church, because of the drinking rules or the dancing rules in the Baptist church. I guess. My parents met in October, proposed in December, and got married in February. I was like, "Were you in a hurry?"
St Croix, you took my flippant Commerce Clause argument and made it a serious one! How dare you?!
I am sure you understand the 3/5 clause, but for the benefit of readers who do not, it was written by people who "hated slavery." It reduced the Southern congressional and presidential-electoral power by a little bit to reflect that half or more of their populations were slaves. I have written here before that since the clause never uses the word 'slave' but instead refers to "other Persons," that it could be stretched to cover illegals, who are arguably not in the other two categories of the clause: "free Persons" and "Indians not taxed." Although the Latino illegals do have Indian blood and operate in the untaxed shadow economy, but I don't think that's fatal to my argument.
Plus I also think there would be good Trump-Streisand Effects here if talking heads are forced to talk about the 3/5 clause. The R talking heads can talk about how their ideological forefathers the Federalists fought slavery then, and they're fighting the de-facto slavery of illegal labor now.
Amd XIV reduction clause: "But when the right to vote at any [federal and top-level state] election...is denied...or in any way abridged...the basis of representation therein shall be reduced ." Sorry for the ellipses, but I don't want to clog the comments. I promise they don't pervert the intent of the text. Anyway, this was also meant to punish Southern states for keeping blacks out of the polling places. But I contend it also applies to diluting any citizens' votes by admitting noncitizens to those polling places. And the calculation would be easy: if say 1/10 of a state's votes are from illegals, that means 1/9 of citizens' votes were cancelled out. But the clause refers to males, so you make it 1/18. So you reduce the state's basis of congressional and electoral-college representation by 1/18. Not huge, but rounding effects might take away one congresscritter and electoral vote. Plus, the process=punishment effect of forcing the state to fight fedgov in court, in an election season.
"Obama Judge 1, Mosby 0" - I didn't read the judge's opinion. Does it address the specific text of Amd XIV: "The Congress shall have power to enforce, by appropriate legislation, the provisions of this article?" I would think that, as the more recent constitutional provision, this overrides the original election-related clauses. Or does the word 'appropriate' mean 'unless it violates other clauses, as an Obama Judge may see fit?"
Leland, when you say "Savannah Bananas," do you mean these guys?
I went to film school in Savannah. I was out before these guys were created. It kinda looks like fun and it kinda looks like sacrilege. If they are playing the Village People, I am out.
Illegal immigration doesn’t breed love of this country. The children and grandchildren of legal immigrants have a proud story to tell about how their families got here. What’s the story for the children of illegal immigrants? “America is a great country, and my parents broke the law to come here”? No. Kids are going to tell stories where their parents are the good guys. And if their parents are the good guys, America has to be the villain: “My parents came here to work, but Americans just wanted to exploit them. That’s why they never got legal status.” That’s a story of resentment. Whatever fairy tale this movie is pushing, that’s the real story.
I would think that, as the more recent constitutional provision, this overrides the original election-related clauses.
Yeah, but the 14th is about protecting individuals from state violations of their rights. Florida's not violating this guy's rights. And the federal government is not trying to protect him. It's apples and anvils.
Illegal immigration doesn’t breed love of this country.
I think most people who immigrate here love our country. (Some, like Hasan Piker, clearly do not).
We definitely want pro-Americans here. I think immigrants assimilate, and become very American. We're a nation of immigrants.
I get that we need to control who gets in. I agree with that.
Just some mild pushback on the idea that the family narrative of illegal immigrants is that this is a bad country. For many of them, the family narrative could be, this is a good country, but sometimes the laws are bad. Which, as I strongly feel, is pretty American at its core. Suspicion of the government and centralized authority is one of our strong attributes, and keep us vibrant and freedom-loving. Boston tea party stuff.
“You know how many Americans think we have a great country, and the people are wonderful, and the government is so messed up? A lot of us.” Except their anger isn’t directed at the government, it’s directed at you. The government isn’t employing them at substandard wages. It’s everyday Americans who are doing the exploiting.
If anything, the government is the one who doles out the assistance monies. It’s ordinary Americans that get angry at that. That’s why illegals and the kids of illegals vote Democrat. They want the government to protect them from you.
Except their anger isn’t directed at the government, it’s directed at you.
This hasn't been my experience at all.
I lived in an apartment complex that was filled with hispanics. I honestly had no idea when I moved in. We were like 80% Spanish speakers. White people and black people were a distinct minority in my complex.
My maintenance guy did not speak English.
We had a lot of little kids in our complex. They all spoke English. Sometimes the parents did not. I had communication issues with my neighbors, but zero hostility. That wasn't a thing.
My landlady took advantage of all the illegals in our housing (I presume) because she would not fix anything. We had a swimming pool that was not ready until August. My AC would go out in the summer, and my heat would die in the winter. I had no heat for four weeks. I got so mad, I moved out, violating my lease.
My assumption has always been that management failed to follow the laws because many of the tenants were here illegally. (We once got a community-wide alert about ICE).
One of the problems with people here illegally, is that they are afraid to reach out to the police when they are victims of a crime. They are an underclass. And Democrats are doing this on purpose. I think it's disgusting.
But the actual people in my apartment complex were very sweet to me. So I got no anger at them.
That’s why illegals and the kids of illegals vote Democrat.
I don't think Trump's tough on crime approach to illegal immigration has hurt him with hispanics at all. I think the Democrats have been shocked by this. I think (hope) that they've abandoned their plans to induce people to come here illegally and join the welfare scam apparatus that is the modern Democrat party.
Yes, those guys. If you are somehow a baseball purist (and think that a fly ball becomes a foul if it hits the roof rather than remaining a live ball); then you probably won't like what the minor league team in Savannah did. However, if you understand that nobody cared about minor league baseball in Savannah, so an entrepreneur came up with the baseball version of the Harlem Globetrotters, then you might enjoy the show. They sell out major league stadiums now with long waiting lists just to get a ticket to a game.
Is the resentment immigrants display in England focused on the government or is it directed at the British people?
The English have a lot of Islamic immigration from Pakistan. Which is a far more serious problem than Catholic immigration from Mexico. Right?
I would not want to live in a majority Islamic country. That would be horrible. Islam believes that people who leave its religion have to be executed. That's barbaric as shit. Islam needs a reformation. And I will not be voting for anybody who takes sharia law seriously. That's crazy and suicidal. No thanks.
“(Hockey) Forward Andrei Kuzmenko made his (Pittsburgh) Penguins debut less than two weeks following the death of his father, Alexander, who was killed in a bear attack in their native Russia Sept. 22.” (Pittsburgh Tribune)
Here’s a little hypothetical for you. You move into a poor neighborhood. You’re not poor, and you feel bad for the people living around you. So every evening you leave a wallet with money in it on your stoop. Your reasoning: if someone really needs the money, they’ll take it. You feel so good about yourself. Now what about your neighbors? Three categories. 1. The honest ones. No matter how badly they need the money, they’d never steal. They resent you for tempting them. 2. The not-so-honest ones who sneak up and take it. They resent you for turning them into thieves. 3. The ones with no scruples. They take your money and think you’re a fool for leaving it out. And the ones who are grateful? They’re grateful for the money, not for the wallet on the stoop. A gift you have to sneak up and take isn’t a gift.
“Which is a far more serious problem than Catholic immigration from Mexico. Right?” Is this why so many immigrants from Mexico think the US stole California from them?
The secular liberal moonbats who think Christianity and Islam are just two religions, and it doesn't matter which one you believe in, drive me up the wall. There's a huge difference in theology, and culture.
I don't dispute that Muhammad might be a prophet. There are lots of prophets in the Bible. I've met people who are following Muhammad, and they seem like nice spiritual people to me.
Christ is way more than a prophet. That's why a Christian extremist is a guy who gives all his money to the poor, and he's loving his enemies. An extreme Christian is not a problem at all. He's a saint.
An Islamic extremist is a problem, a serious problem. It's not "extremism" that is the problem. It's that the underlying theology is flawed, and taking some people into dark places.
This one isn’t hypothetical. One of my neighbors was a legal immigrant from Mexico. He had 3 kids, and for 20 years he tried to bring them here legally. He shared a house with a rotating group of 3 or 4 illegal immigrants, and they thought he was stupid. All his kids had to do was walk across the border. He was punished for his honesty. He wasn’t bitter, since his job and savings still let him take care of his family back in Mexico, but he sure thought it was a crazy system.
Saint Croix said: “I continue to insist that babies born here are Americans.”
I presume that includes the Chinese oligarch who impregnated 100 U.S. women, at high cost, to deliver his offspring. He then spirits them to China with a U.S. birth certificate.
“I don't think Trump's tough on crime approach to illegal immigration has hurt him with hispanics at all.” Hispanics who are here legally or whose heritage is Hispanic are not the ones I’m talking about.
I think 80% years ignore the wallet because they never cared enough to be involved in others business. That is until population 2 and 3 start checking the 80% porch to see if they left out a wallet too.
Islam is a unique religion in that, compared to others, it carries no humility nor does it show respect for the minds or beliefs of others. It’s built with a conquering mindset, not a more respectful, influencing one. It’s deeply arrogant. Not to be trying to be flippant, but it’s the pac-man of religions. Because of this factor, being fearful of Islam is not irrational.
The Chinese are letting American imperial overreach do its work: undermining the order that enabled American power.
The U.S. is dangerously overextended in the Middle East and Indian Ocean. A failure there could trigger a broader retreat from the Eastern Hemisphere including, eventually, Europe and the alliance system that has been the foundation of American global power.
The real story of the late 2020s may not be China’s rise so much as America squandering the advantages it accumulated over a century.
G7 countries agree on release of diesel and oil stocks after US pressure ~ Reuters
The world consumes ~100M barrels of oil a day. The G7 release is 100M barrels over four months—roughly one day of global consumption.
This has the same feel as Scott Bessent’s $6 billion Treasury buyback gambit: a big headline, but small relative to the market it’s supposed to influence.
And when the unintended consequences arrive, I suspect we already know who Trump will blame: Biden and Ukraine for the consequences of his own impulsive decisions.
The Chinese are letting American imperial overreach do its work: undermining the order that enabled American power.
LOL
All of this is wrong.
Diesel is ~18$ a gallon in china. China is holding on knowing that it has been put back in its place.
Only Chatham House and its minions are holding on right now. The US blocking export of diesel to Europe is just putting the screws to the real enemy here.
It will be fun to watch you mewl and whine about steel factories being built in the US again.
It’s fair to see a Foxconn-like reason for skepticism here: a huge investment announcement, ambitious job projections and considerable political promotion all before the promised results actually exist. Foxconn ultimately fell far short of what Trump and Scott Walker originally promised. That doesn’t mean the Iowa steel project will do the same, but the $15 billion investment and 1,750 permanent jobs are projections, not results.
And this project has a history worth remembering. Essar Steel missed its 2015 completion deadline and filed for bankruptcy in 2016. Minnesota officials subsequently described Essar Global as an “unreliable partner.” Mesabi Metallics eventually took over the project.
So skepticism about another big announcement is hardly unreasonable.
Mesabi Metallics is owned by Essar, the Indian conglomerate that has had longstanding ties to Russian energy interests, including Gazprom. The name may have changed, but the project’s history hasn’t.
Please use the comments forum to respond to the post. Don't fight with each other. Be substantive... or interesting... or funny. Comments should go up immediately... unless you're commenting on a post older than 4 days. Then you have to wait for us to moderate you through. It's also possible to get shunted into spam by the machine. We try to keep an eye on that and release the miscaught good stuff. We do delete some comments, but not for viewpoint... for bad faith. Also: No italics, even briefly. Use asterisks for emphasis. And don't play with the format by changing fonts or using boldface or all caps. Never include more than one extra line break between paragraphs.
I am a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for me to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
Encourage Althouse by making a donation:
Make a 1-time donation or set up a monthly donation of any amount you choose:
92 komento:
Bottom was more like Houston this morning. Yesterday morning in Madison was even closer.
Tampa's pitcher is throwing a no-no in the 8th against the Yanks. HBO and TBS are carrying it.
Did I jinxed it? The Broadcasters brought it up. I think the unwritten rule is after the seventh is up broadcaster's own discretion to mention it or not.
Thanks for the steer on the Yankees Rays.
Savannah Banana’s behind 2-1 in the 8th in an must win game.
Woo hoo!
Skis. I see skis. And a skier…maybe.
Bananas tied the series in a walk off hit. Now a series showdown.
"DEVELOPING: Abdul El-Sayed Top Staffer Quits Campaign—Shares Disturbing Truth About “Manufactured Man”–“Pushed multiple staff to tears”–“Immature”–“Cartoonishly fake masculinity” and “Loves to fart in public.” "
I wonder how much AIPAC paid him to sell out his whole future.
IM Tuq'r - it's a conspiracy! Blame the jooos.
All of Jenna Griswold's staffers think she is a horrible person.
Blame the Joooos.
"His management pushed multiple staff to tears—He acted like an entitled mobster"
Again - Radical Islam and the modern mob-democrat party in a nutshell.
Mobster sauce.
You know that jinxing thing, there might be something more to it than “superstition”. Now that quantum mechanics is a proven fundamental principle making up the universe. Once I made the observation 🧐 I changed it somehow 😉
With great power comes NO responsibility.
Fun fact of the day.
91% of black female homicides in the US are committed by black men.
(Confirmed via Grok by FBI statistics and those of the Violence Policy Center, a gun control advocacy group)
#2 is just remarkable.
I've read several reports over the last week or so that the volume of oil exiting Hormuz is up to prewar levels, if you don't count Iranian exports, which are zero.
The recovery in exports largely reflects the Gulf’s ability to route oil around the chokepoint. Iran still has leverage over Hormuz, but considerably less than it had before the war.
A lot of oil is going through the Strait.
Not that it really matters *how* it's reaching markets.
Thanks Jersey Fled for reminding me...
Eva Marie (thank you) insinuated in the previous post that filicide, that is parents killing their minor kids is not that rare.
I looked it up and I'm sorry, but this is shocking to me.
"An estimated 41 to 42 parents are arrested or recorded for killing their minor children **each month** in the United States, averaging nearly 500 cases per year"
I then I remembered, they don't vote. That means they have less standing than an illegal immigrant. I don't mean to get melodramatic but, there it is. Those numbers are war ravaged 3rd world hell hole shit. How is this tolerated?
I mean there is really no easy answer, is there?
Without Roe, I'd imagine those numbers have probably risen. Though I still think overturning Roe was the right thing.
"Skis. I see skis. And a skier…maybe."
Me too.
We have another Lindsay Clan y copycat case, this one in South Carolina and the woman stabbed her 6 year old and 3 year old children fifty times — that’s not autocorrect, folks 5-0. Amazingly, as I read the story, the children were discovered still alive and apparently are likely to survive.
Taylor Gosnell, the mother with the knife, will have a harder time with an insanity plea than Clancy did, given that she refused to be interviewed by police without a lawyer present.
Excellent news -- the oil is flowing! Trump can declare victory, bring everyone home and end the war now. Just in time for the midterms.
The goal is a nuclear free Iran. Haven't achieved that yet.
By the way, if you see a picture of the supposed 'axe' used in the Omani co-pilot's failed terrorist plane takeover, it looks a lot like a fireman's rescue tool, and bears only a slight resemblance to an axe. More like a backpacking hatchet. It does look like a rather wicked looking assault tool though.
Imagine being unhappy about Iran losing its grip on the flow of oil through the strait.
Thank God I have less than no time to follow the news.
"Imagine being unhappy about Iran losing its grip on the flow of oil through the strait."
Plenty of people happy about Trump having been shot and Charlie Kirk killed, so... yeah- I can imagine there are people unhappy about what's going on in Iran.
𝘑𝘦𝘳𝘴𝘦𝘺 𝘍𝘭𝘦𝘥 𝘴𝘢𝘪𝘥...
𝘍𝘶𝘯 𝘧𝘢𝘤𝘵 𝘰𝘧 𝘵𝘩𝘦 𝘥𝘢𝘺.
91% 𝘰𝘧 𝘣𝘭𝘢𝘤𝘬 𝘧𝘦𝘮𝘢𝘭𝘦 𝘩𝘰𝘮𝘪𝘤𝘪𝘥𝘦𝘴 𝘪𝘯 𝘵𝘩𝘦 𝘜𝘚 𝘢𝘳𝘦 𝘤𝘰𝘮𝘮𝘪𝘵𝘵𝘦𝘥 𝘣𝘺 𝘣𝘭𝘢𝘤𝘬 𝘮𝘦𝘯.
And how many of the remaining 9% are committed by black females? And did they break out mixed race in those statistics?
Women of the female sex have six weeks to apply a preemergent to block or abort conceived burden evolution. Postemergent burden control is generally considered a Choice of the insane or an insane Choice.
YouTube Minority Report: Real AI is a pie in the sky that actually ends up hurting rather than helping
Am I the first to notice tha a Biden-appointed federal judge has ruled that a 1996 law criminalizing voting by non-citizens is unconstitutional? Gonna need the Supreme Court to weigh in on this one pretty quickly.
Yeah, I saw that. Insane.
The cruxt of the ruling is that the states control voter qualification, not the Feds, so that 1996 law is determined to be unconstitutional.
If all states disallow non-citizen voting in federal elections it would seem to be ok. However, given the current preference for illegals that the democrats exhibit, it’s not clear to me that blue states would enforce their voter qualification laws and prosecute illegal voters in federal elections. .
And given some states apparent or at least plausible foray into voter fraud, we already know what will happen on the enforcement front.
Bears repeating....
Stacy is Right
@PoliticalStacy
·
Follow
In a very short period of time we’ve seen the left go from being ok with burning Teslas, to being ok with murdering CEOs, to being ok with murdering children.
Their spiritual decline and decay has been an alarming thing to witness and it appears to be accelerating.
10:36 AM · Oct 2, 2026
https://x.com/PoliticalStacy/status/2106030649983611202?s=20
Adoption beats abortion.
Michael McDonald and his girlfriend had a child at 14. They put him up for adoption.
https://nypost.com/2026/10/03/entertainment/michael-mcdonalds-long-lost-son-reveals-heartwarming-family-moments-since-discovering-his-dad-was-doobie-brothers-star/
Don't the reconstruction amendments give Congress wide powers to enforce their provisions, including in matters of voting? I would think that overrides the original constitutional provisions.
And if not, there's the provision to reduce the state's congressional representation by the percentage of votes denied. Or my theory that the three-fifths clause applies to illegals.
And finally I'm sure we can squeeze it into the Commerce Clause. People won't want to move to a state where illegals vote, so it disrupts the flow of labor and goods. CC, JSM
He came from somewhere back in the long-ago! CC, JSM
Vote Republican in the midterms
Wendybar, that story at 3:44 is so sweet. Thank you for that. Made my eyes water.
Am I the first to notice tha a Biden-appointed federal judge has ruled that a 1996 law criminalizing voting by non-citizens is unconstitutional? Gonna need the Supreme Court to weigh in on this one pretty quickly.
When I first saw that story, I was like, "what the fuck?" And then I read it. His argument is that it's up to the states to enforce who can vote, not the federal government. And I was like, "ooo, that's over my head." I'd have to get into the weeds on that.
The other thing I noticed, is that the crime is only a misdemeanor. I can tell you what a misdemeanor is, at least in North Carolina while I was practicing: no jail whatsoever and unsupervised probation. (The one exception could be a DWI, particularly a multiple DWI). So the criminal sanction is pretty much nothing to somebody who is walking around illegally and is part of the underground economy. You don't want to be a criminal on a job application. But you also don't want to be an illegal immigrant on a job application.
Frankly, it's kind of weird to me that he's still in the country. They caught him, in the USA, committing crimes. Eject his ass.
My final thought is that Republicans might do okay with this ruling, politically. One, we like federalism. And two, we can attack "liberal judges" who are letting illegal immigrants vote in our elections. Democrats look weak on crime and weak on international security, simultaneously. Democrats have this evil plan to let illegal immigrants into the country, and then they have them vote in blue states like California. I don't know how lawless this judge is being. Maybe he's right on the Constitution, I don't actually have an opinion. But the ruling will certainly inspire Republicans, while making the Democrats look shady, dishonest, and weak.
Don't the reconstruction amendments give Congress wide powers to enforce their provisions, including in matters of voting? I would think that overrides the original constitutional provisions.
I re-read the 14th and concluded that the score was Obama Judge 1, Mosby 0. Sorry, buddy!
And if not, there's the provision to reduce the state's congressional representation by the percentage of votes denied.. Maybe? Explore this argument.
Or my theory that the three-fifths clause applies to illegals.. I'm just going to beg Republicans not to use an overturned slave clause to do anything. "Republicans hate slavery" has been our brand for 160 years. Dude.
And finally I'm sure we can squeeze it into the Commerce Clause. People won't want to move to a state where illegals vote, so it disrupts the flow of labor and goods.
Let me reformulate this argument. The federals have widespread power to control the flow of people into and out of the United States. Right? That's unquestionable. And it follows that the federals have widespread power to deal with the flow of people who are here illegally. We already know the illegal guy is flouting federal law. So when he votes illegally in a state election, that latter authority comes under the former. I think that's a pretty strong argument.
I repeat, it is kind of weird that this guy is running around, after he was caught voting illegally in a federal election. Maybe you need the voting court case to be heard, in order to roll back the vote totals or something.
My point is the "crime" (misdemeanor in Florida) is nothing to a guy who is flouting federal federal law. The real sanction is to boot his ass from our country. Democrats who want to fight that look very bad indeed.
I just have this conception of people who are here illegally as humble people who are looking for work. (I was raised by liberal wolves). People who are here illegally and are so brazen as to fraudulently vote blow up my illusions. I also don't like them signing up for free welfare and scamming our government for money.
The most sympathetic movie I've seen about illegals is In America, which is really good.
I like it more than The Godfather, which features shitty immigrants. They might have been here legally, I can't remember. But by God they broke some laws.
My people came here in the 19th century, Scotch-Irish and English, at least on my Dad's side. The Carmichael clan.
My Mom's side doesn't care, apparently. Or our record-keeping is really bad on that half of the family.
Ironically, my Mom's family had all the family reunions and my Dad's family didn't bother. So we had all the parties on my Mom's side of the family, and zero conversations about where we came from and how long we've been here. Irish, would be my guess, from the name Cockerham.
And no alcohol at the parties. Very Baptist family reunions. My parents fled to the Episcopal church, because of the drinking rules or the dancing rules in the Baptist church. I guess. My parents met in October, proposed in December, and got married in February. I was like, "Were you in a hurry?"
Romeo and Juliet, running to the Episcopalians.
St Croix, you took my flippant Commerce Clause argument and made it a serious one! How dare you?!
I am sure you understand the 3/5 clause, but for the benefit of readers who do not, it was written by people who "hated slavery." It reduced the Southern congressional and presidential-electoral power by a little bit to reflect that half or more of their populations were slaves. I have written here before that since the clause never uses the word 'slave' but instead refers to "other Persons," that it could be stretched to cover illegals, who are arguably not in the other two categories of the clause: "free Persons" and "Indians not taxed." Although the Latino illegals do have Indian blood and operate in the untaxed shadow economy, but I don't think that's fatal to my argument.
Plus I also think there would be good Trump-Streisand Effects here if talking heads are forced to talk about the 3/5 clause. The R talking heads can talk about how their ideological forefathers the Federalists fought slavery then, and they're fighting the de-facto slavery of illegal labor now.
Amd XIV reduction clause: "But when the right to vote at any [federal and top-level state] election...is denied...or in any way abridged...the basis of representation therein shall be reduced ." Sorry for the ellipses, but I don't want to clog the comments. I promise they don't pervert the intent of the text. Anyway, this was also meant to punish Southern states for keeping blacks out of the polling places. But I contend it also applies to diluting any citizens' votes by admitting noncitizens to those polling places. And the calculation would be easy: if say 1/10 of a state's votes are from illegals, that means 1/9 of citizens' votes were cancelled out. But the clause refers to males, so you make it 1/18. So you reduce the state's basis of congressional and electoral-college representation by 1/18. Not huge, but rounding effects might take away one congresscritter and electoral vote. Plus, the process=punishment effect of forcing the state to fight fedgov in court, in an election season.
"Obama Judge 1, Mosby 0" - I didn't read the judge's opinion. Does it address the specific text of Amd XIV: "The Congress shall have power to enforce, by appropriate legislation, the provisions of this article?" I would think that, as the more recent constitutional provision, this overrides the original election-related clauses. Or does the word 'appropriate' mean 'unless it violates other clauses, as an Obama Judge may see fit?"
Thanks - CC, JSM
Leland, when you say "Savannah Bananas," do you mean these guys?
I went to film school in Savannah. I was out before these guys were created. It kinda looks like fun and it kinda looks like sacrilege. If they are playing the Village People, I am out.
Illegal immigration doesn’t breed love of this country. The children and grandchildren of legal immigrants have a proud story to tell about how their families got here. What’s the story for the children of illegal immigrants? “America is a great country, and my parents broke the law to come here”? No. Kids are going to tell stories where their parents are the good guys. And if their parents are the good guys, America has to be the villain: “My parents came here to work, but Americans just wanted to exploit them. That’s why they never got legal status.” That’s a story of resentment. Whatever fairy tale this movie is pushing, that’s the real story.
I would think that, as the more recent constitutional provision, this overrides the original election-related clauses.
Yeah, but the 14th is about protecting individuals from state violations of their rights. Florida's not violating this guy's rights. And the federal government is not trying to protect him. It's apples and anvils.
The citizen voters' rights are being violated. That's exactly what Amd XIV is meant to combat. CC, JSM
Eva Marie, that's a good point, but I would push back on this narrative a bit.
"America is a great country, and the people are wonderful, but the government is so messed up. We had to sneak in to get here."
You know how many Americans think we have a great country, and the people are wonderful, and the government is so messed up? A lot of us.
The citizen voters' rights are being violated. That's exactly what Amd XIV is meant to combat.
You're talking section 2, right? That's possible. I was talking section 1.
Illegal immigration doesn’t breed love of this country.
I think most people who immigrate here love our country. (Some, like Hasan Piker, clearly do not).
We definitely want pro-Americans here. I think immigrants assimilate, and become very American. We're a nation of immigrants.
I get that we need to control who gets in. I agree with that.
Just some mild pushback on the idea that the family narrative of illegal immigrants is that this is a bad country. For many of them, the family narrative could be, this is a good country, but sometimes the laws are bad. Which, as I strongly feel, is pretty American at its core. Suspicion of the government and centralized authority is one of our strong attributes, and keep us vibrant and freedom-loving. Boston tea party stuff.
“You know how many Americans think we have a great country, and the people are wonderful, and the government is so messed up? A lot of us.”
Except their anger isn’t directed at the government, it’s directed at you. The government isn’t employing them at substandard wages. It’s everyday Americans who are doing the exploiting.
I continue to insist that babies born here are Americans.
If anything, the government is the one who doles out the assistance monies. It’s ordinary Americans that get angry at that. That’s why illegals and the kids of illegals vote Democrat. They want the government to protect them from you.
Except their anger isn’t directed at the government, it’s directed at you.
This hasn't been my experience at all.
I lived in an apartment complex that was filled with hispanics. I honestly had no idea when I moved in. We were like 80% Spanish speakers. White people and black people were a distinct minority in my complex.
My maintenance guy did not speak English.
We had a lot of little kids in our complex. They all spoke English. Sometimes the parents did not. I had communication issues with my neighbors, but zero hostility. That wasn't a thing.
My landlady took advantage of all the illegals in our housing (I presume) because she would not fix anything. We had a swimming pool that was not ready until August. My AC would go out in the summer, and my heat would die in the winter. I had no heat for four weeks. I got so mad, I moved out, violating my lease.
My assumption has always been that management failed to follow the laws because many of the tenants were here illegally. (We once got a community-wide alert about ICE).
One of the problems with people here illegally, is that they are afraid to reach out to the police when they are victims of a crime. They are an underclass. And Democrats are doing this on purpose. I think it's disgusting.
But the actual people in my apartment complex were very sweet to me. So I got no anger at them.
They may have been sweet to you. Believe me, underneath that lies a lot of resentment
Is the resentment immigrants display in England focused on the government or is it directed at the British people?
That’s why illegals and the kids of illegals vote Democrat.
I don't think Trump's tough on crime approach to illegal immigration has hurt him with hispanics at all. I think the Democrats have been shocked by this. I think (hope) that they've abandoned their plans to induce people to come here illegally and join the welfare scam apparatus that is the modern Democrat party.
By that judge’s logic, the proof of citizenship to register clause of the federal SAVE Act would be unconstitutional.
A good sign in Michigan. Canddate’s staff does not quit one month before the election unless the internal polling is abyssmal.
A good sign in Michigan. Canddate’s staff does not quit one month before the election unless the internal polling is abyssmal.
Yes, those guys. If you are somehow a baseball purist (and think that a fly ball becomes a foul if it hits the roof rather than remaining a live ball); then you probably won't like what the minor league team in Savannah did. However, if you understand that nobody cared about minor league baseball in Savannah, so an entrepreneur came up with the baseball version of the Harlem Globetrotters, then you might enjoy the show. They sell out major league stadiums now with long waiting lists just to get a ticket to a game.
Is the resentment immigrants display in England focused on the government or is it directed at the British people?
The English have a lot of Islamic immigration from Pakistan. Which is a far more serious problem than Catholic immigration from Mexico. Right?
I would not want to live in a majority Islamic country. That would be horrible. Islam believes that people who leave its religion have to be executed. That's barbaric as shit. Islam needs a reformation. And I will not be voting for anybody who takes sharia law seriously. That's crazy and suicidal. No thanks.
“(Hockey) Forward Andrei Kuzmenko made his (Pittsburgh) Penguins debut less than two weeks following the death of his father, Alexander, who was killed in a bear attack in their native Russia Sept. 22.” (Pittsburgh Tribune)
Here’s a little hypothetical for you.
You move into a poor neighborhood. You’re not poor, and you feel bad for the people living around you. So every evening you leave a wallet with money in it on your stoop. Your reasoning: if someone really needs the money, they’ll take it. You feel so good about yourself.
Now what about your neighbors? Three categories.
1. The honest ones. No matter how badly they need the money, they’d never steal. They resent you for tempting them.
2. The not-so-honest ones who sneak up and take it. They resent you for turning them into thieves.
3. The ones with no scruples. They take your money and think you’re a fool for leaving it out.
And the ones who are grateful? They’re grateful for the money, not for the wallet on the stoop. A gift you have to sneak up and take isn’t a gift.
“Which is a far more serious problem than Catholic immigration from Mexico. Right?”
Is this why so many immigrants from Mexico think the US stole California from them?
The secular liberal moonbats who think Christianity and Islam are just two religions, and it doesn't matter which one you believe in, drive me up the wall. There's a huge difference in theology, and culture.
I don't dispute that Muhammad might be a prophet. There are lots of prophets in the Bible. I've met people who are following Muhammad, and they seem like nice spiritual people to me.
Christ is way more than a prophet. That's why a Christian extremist is a guy who gives all his money to the poor, and he's loving his enemies. An extreme Christian is not a problem at all. He's a saint.
An Islamic extremist is a problem, a serious problem. It's not "extremism" that is the problem. It's that the underlying theology is flawed, and taking some people into dark places.
They lost the mexican war if santa ana hsd tried again they would taken sonora
Excepf tom holland suggests mohammed didnt exist but he was a warlord not a preacher
Religion isn’t the problem. The problem is a system that rewards dishonesty and rewards lawbreaking.
Religion isn’t the problem.
In the UK? Are you sure?
This one isn’t hypothetical. One of my neighbors was a legal immigrant from Mexico. He had 3 kids, and for 20 years he tried to bring them here legally. He shared a house with a rotating group of 3 or 4 illegal immigrants, and they thought he was stupid. All his kids had to do was walk across the border. He was punished for his honesty. He wasn’t bitter, since his job and savings still let him take care of his family back in Mexico, but he sure thought it was a crazy system.
Saint Croix said: “I continue to insist that babies born here are Americans.”
I presume that includes the Chinese oligarch who impregnated 100 U.S. women, at high cost, to deliver his offspring. He then spirits them to China with a U.S. birth certificate.
The problem isn’t religion. The problem is a system that rewards dishonesty - but I’m repeating myself.
“I don't think Trump's tough on crime approach to illegal immigration has hurt him with hispanics at all.”
Hispanics who are here legally or whose heritage is Hispanic are not the ones I’m talking about.
I think 80% years ignore the wallet because they never cared enough to be involved in others business. That is until population 2 and 3 start checking the 80% porch to see if they left out a wallet too.
Will became years?
Islam is a unique religion in that, compared to others, it carries no humility nor does it show respect for the minds or beliefs of others. It’s built with a conquering mindset, not a more respectful, influencing one. It’s deeply arrogant. Not to be trying to be flippant, but it’s the pac-man of religions. Because of this factor, being fearful of Islam is not irrational.
𝘛𝘩𝘦 𝘨𝘰𝘢𝘭 𝘪𝘴 𝘢 𝘯𝘶𝘤𝘭𝘦𝘢𝘳 𝘧𝘳𝘦𝘦 𝘐𝘳𝘢𝘯. 𝘏𝘢𝘷𝘦𝘯'𝘵 𝘢𝘤𝘩𝘪𝘦𝘷𝘦𝘥 𝘵𝘩𝘢𝘵 𝘺𝘦𝘵.
The Chinese are letting American imperial overreach do its work: undermining the order that enabled American power.
The U.S. is dangerously overextended in the Middle East and Indian Ocean. A failure there could trigger a broader retreat from the Eastern Hemisphere including, eventually, Europe and the alliance system that has been the foundation of American global power.
The real story of the late 2020s may not be China’s rise so much as America squandering the advantages it accumulated over a century.
G7 countries agree on release of diesel and oil stocks after US pressure ~ Reuters
The world consumes ~100M barrels of oil a day. The G7 release is 100M barrels over four months—roughly one day of global consumption.
This has the same feel as Scott Bessent’s $6 billion Treasury buyback gambit: a big headline, but small relative to the market it’s supposed to influence.
And when the unintended consequences arrive, I suspect we already know who Trump will blame: Biden and Ukraine for the consequences of his own impulsive decisions.
Indefinitely Extended Excursion™️ said...
𝘛𝘩𝘦 𝘨𝘰𝘢𝘭 𝘪𝘴 𝘢 𝘯𝘶𝘤𝘭𝘦𝘢𝘳 𝘧𝘳𝘦𝘦 𝘐𝘳𝘢𝘯. 𝘏𝘢𝘷𝘦𝘯'𝘵 𝘢𝘤𝘩𝘪𝘦𝘷𝘦𝘥 𝘵𝘩𝘢𝘵 𝘺𝘦𝘵.
The Chinese are letting American imperial overreach do its work: undermining the order that enabled American power.
LOL
All of this is wrong.
Diesel is ~18$ a gallon in china. China is holding on knowing that it has been put back in its place.
Only Chatham House and its minions are holding on right now. The US blocking export of diesel to Europe is just putting the screws to the real enemy here.
It will be fun to watch you mewl and whine about steel factories being built in the US again.
I love that Carney is dragging Canada's economy into oblivion.
The Liberals that voted for the left in Canada deserve their misery.
When Alberta leaves Ontario and Quebec will have to actually carry themselves for once.
It is awesome to watch parasites wither.
Trump Unveils $15 Billion Iowa Steel Project ~ WSJ
𝘗𝘳𝘦𝘴𝘪𝘥𝘦𝘯𝘵 𝘋𝘰𝘯𝘢𝘭𝘥 𝘑. 𝘛𝘳𝘶𝘮𝘱 𝘢𝘯𝘯𝘰𝘶𝘯𝘤𝘦𝘥 𝘢 $15 𝘣𝘪𝘭𝘭𝘪𝘰𝘯 𝘔𝘦𝘴𝘢𝘣𝘪 𝘔𝘦𝘵𝘢𝘭𝘭𝘪𝘤𝘴 𝘴𝘵𝘦𝘦𝘭 𝘤𝘰𝘮𝘱𝘭𝘦𝘹 𝘪𝘴 𝘤𝘰𝘮𝘪𝘯𝘨 𝘵𝘰 𝘐𝘰𝘸𝘢 — 𝘵𝘩𝘦 𝘭𝘢𝘳𝘨𝘦𝘴𝘵 𝘴𝘵𝘦𝘦𝘭 𝘱𝘭𝘢𝘯𝘵 𝘦𝘷𝘦𝘳 𝘣𝘶𝘪𝘭𝘵 𝘪𝘯 𝘵𝘩𝘦 𝘜𝘯𝘪𝘵𝘦𝘥 𝘚𝘵𝘢𝘵𝘦𝘴 𝘢𝘴 𝘮𝘰𝘳𝘦 𝘪𝘯𝘥𝘶𝘴𝘵𝘳𝘪𝘢𝘭 𝘤𝘢𝘱𝘢𝘤𝘪𝘵𝘺 𝘤𝘰𝘮𝘦𝘴 𝘩𝘰𝘮𝘦. 𝘛𝘩𝘦 𝘱𝘳𝘰𝘫𝘦𝘤𝘵 𝘸𝘪𝘭𝘭 𝘤𝘳𝘦𝘢𝘵𝘦 1,750 𝘯𝘦𝘸, 𝘱𝘦𝘳𝘮𝘢𝘯𝘦𝘯𝘵 𝘫𝘰𝘣𝘴, 𝘴𝘶𝘱𝘱𝘰𝘳𝘵 𝘶𝘱 𝘵𝘰 6,000 𝘤𝘰𝘯𝘴𝘵𝘳𝘶𝘤𝘵𝘪𝘰𝘯 𝘫𝘰𝘣𝘴, 𝘢𝘯𝘥 𝘨𝘦𝘯𝘦𝘳𝘢𝘵𝘦 𝘢𝘯 𝘦𝘴𝘵𝘪𝘮𝘢𝘵𝘦𝘥 $95 𝘣𝘪𝘭𝘭𝘪𝘰𝘯 𝘪𝘯 𝘜.𝘚. 𝘦𝘤𝘰𝘯𝘰𝘮𝘪𝘤 𝘰𝘶𝘵𝘱𝘶𝘵 𝘰𝘷𝘦𝘳 𝘤𝘰𝘯𝘴𝘵𝘳𝘶𝘤𝘵𝘪𝘰𝘯 𝘢𝘯𝘥 𝘵𝘩𝘦 𝘧𝘪𝘳𝘴𝘵 𝘥𝘦𝘤𝘢𝘥𝘦 𝘰𝘧 𝘰𝘱𝘦𝘳𝘢𝘵𝘪𝘰𝘯𝘴.
It’s fair to see a Foxconn-like reason for skepticism here: a huge investment announcement, ambitious job projections and considerable political promotion all before the promised results actually exist. Foxconn ultimately fell far short of what Trump and Scott Walker originally promised. That doesn’t mean the Iowa steel project will do the same, but the $15 billion investment and 1,750 permanent jobs are projections, not results.
And this project has a history worth remembering. Essar Steel missed its 2015 completion deadline and filed for bankruptcy in 2016. Minnesota officials subsequently described Essar Global as an “unreliable partner.” Mesabi Metallics eventually took over the project.
So skepticism about another big announcement is hardly unreasonable.
Mesabi Metallics is owned by Essar, the Indian conglomerate that has had longstanding ties to Russian energy interests, including Gazprom. The name may have changed, but the project’s history hasn’t.
Mag-post ng isang Komento
Please use the comments forum to respond to the post. Don't fight with each other. Be substantive... or interesting... or funny. Comments should go up immediately... unless you're commenting on a post older than 4 days. Then you have to wait for us to moderate you through. It's also possible to get shunted into spam by the machine. We try to keep an eye on that and release the miscaught good stuff. We do delete some comments, but not for viewpoint... for bad faith. Also: No italics, even briefly. Use asterisks for emphasis. And don't play with the format by changing fonts or using boldface or all caps. Never include more than one extra line break between paragraphs.