6 సెప్టెంబర్, 2026

The tilted hat, Part 2.

24 కామెంట్‌లు:

Mason G చెప్పారు...

Molehill -> Mountain

Temujin చెప్పారు...

And people ask me why I lost interest in baseball.

Peachy+2 చెప్పారు...

children all around.

bagoh20 చెప్పారు...

This is how WWIII will start, and I'm not kidding.

rcommal చెప్పారు...

Oh, Lord, must everything become “a thing”?

mindnumbrobot చెప్పారు...

Is it October yet? That's about the time I become slightly interested in pro baseball.

Peachy+2 చెప్పారు...

white dude virtue signaling or something? yawn.

Aught Severn చెప్పారు...

Rule 8.01.(c): "Each umpire has authority to rule on any point not specifically covered in these rules."

Pretty much the standard line for officials in every sport I've officiated (all two of them, soccer and swimming). If the wearing of an opponents uniform is distracting to the opponents and, in the official's mind, impacts the fairness of play, he clearly has the authority to order a correction of the issue.

gilbar చెప్పారు...

i quit watching back in 2020 (i think it was), when they got rid of 1.01Baseball is a game between two teams of nine players each
NOT 10 players. haven't watched game since

rehajm చెప్పారు...

…one of the reasons I head home after golf is our clubhouse has two signs describing dress code and enforcement before reaching the host stand. They’re both the same- single spaced font describing what’s acceptable for men and women and children. I’ve grown weary of confrontations over dress code. I now become more offended by the enforcers than I do do the violations…one could argue it’s different for players in professional sports. I’m too tired to listen to that argument…

Not an oldster. చెప్పారు...

Baseball is so irrelevant now...

Dave Begley చెప్పారు...

The Left doesn’t want any rules. That’s how we got open borders.

Or the Left only wants the rules that they like.

Should one wear shorts to a funeral?

Fuck all those hat-tipped ball players. You’re all rich. We don’t like your silly stunts.

Not an oldster. చెప్పారు...

Imagine dicking with a judge in a local courtroom like this...

Not an oldster. చెప్పారు...

Ladies love this shit.
Shame on you meade.
Spank your wife and put her back in the kitchen. It's too late to teach her the joy of sport.

Peachy+2 చెప్పారు...

I prefer Savanah's Bananas.

did you see the baby crawl race? good for the heart.

Smilin' Jack చెప్పారు...

I guess the home plate umpire thought he should find something to do, since he’s now redundant at what used to be his main job. But it shouldn’t be too hard to update the ABS system so it can call hat tilt as well as balls and strikes.

Humperdink చెప్పారు...

Hakeem “The Dream” Jeffries wore wide, flat-brimmed baseball cap the other day. It was the goofiest look. Reminded me of Michael Dukakis in a tank while wearing an Army helmet. The Alfred E. Neumann look.

todd galle చెప్పారు...

I think a hat should be squared away. Front if cutting the grass, etc, backward working with tools (I wear eyeglasses so I have to have a place to up a pencil, I just shove it under the hat band). Off when walking into a building. No cover inside. While not a major irritant, any man wearing a hat indoors (at anything other than a hardware store or 7-11) does make me cringe.

bagoh20 చెప్పారు...

Hardware stores are holy ground.

bagoh20 చెప్పారు...
ఈ కామెంట్‌ను రచయిత తీసివేశారు.
bagoh20 చెప్పారు...

The batter had a valid point, the hat was distracting.
The Ump had a valid point in telling the pitcher to get it in line.
That should have been the end of it. It was all perfectly normal and appropriate so far.
Then, because the pitcher started performing badly (maybe proving the point of the complaint) the coach while acting like a child yells at the Ump to "Grow the fuck up".
Maybe all these players should grow the fuck up.

Matt చెప్పారు...

Yet another established norm that has to be changed to accommodate non-whites. Isn’t that nice.

Saint Croix చెప్పారు...

The Clown Prince of Baseball

Iman చెప్పారు...

“Shake your head, ump, your eyes are stuck!”

—— Uncle Charlie

కామెంట్‌ను పోస్ట్ చేయండి

Please use the comments forum to respond to the post. Don't fight with each other. Be substantive... or interesting... or funny. Comments should go up immediately... unless you're commenting on a post older than 4 days. Then you have to wait for us to moderate you through. It's also possible to get shunted into spam by the machine. We try to keep an eye on that and release the miscaught good stuff. We do delete some comments, but not for viewpoint... for bad faith. Also: No italics, even briefly. Use asterisks for emphasis. And don't play with the format by changing fonts or using boldface or all caps. Never include more than one extra line break between paragraphs.