Also called the Corn Moon.
And did you see Saturn?
@sunshinenate Full Harvest Moon & Saturn Conjunction #FullMoon #Saturn #Conjunction #Astronomy #Telescope ♬ original sound - SunshineNate
I had to get my head examined on this wild, untamed continent
Also called the Corn Moon.
And did you see Saturn?
@sunshinenate Full Harvest Moon & Saturn Conjunction #FullMoon #Saturn #Conjunction #Astronomy #Telescope ♬ original sound - SunshineNate
37 కామెంట్లు:
Yep, it's been out there for a few nights now.
This your first time seeing it, silly lady?
When you get accustomed to living with nature, you won't need to document your interactions... welcome. Be quiet and enjoy God's creations now with the rest of us...
Respect life?
All these sunny nature photos, but...
How many roses did you wo4k the land for today? Show us your calloused hands or nina wins...
The eastern European women can work, embed the kids in their wo4kplace AND raise their grandchildren... with sugary treats for the surviving dogs too..
Sounds like neither of your offspring ever got to first base with a real lady, ann... what happened??
Or was that all part of your master plan to be ever dominant? Lol
If a corn moon were to suddenly, like...vooop!...just disappear, like, flash out of existence for whatever reason, would it leave a corn hole in the sky? Like, just for second there...before all the nothingness rushed in to fill the void?
Asking for a friend.
There were some great shots of the Corn Moon during last night's Brewers game and the announcers came up with a number of things to say about it. Can't remember any of them, but I do remember chuckling appreciatively.
Bkogger tells me there are four comments but I see only two--Bob Boyd"s and the Prof's.
There are two timestamps at the top but no mention of deletions.
I thought I heard two vooops. Did you hear that?
The seeing in that shot was terrible (atmospheric turbulence). And what's up with the chromatic aberration? Probably the camera.
I have that same telescope he’s using. It’s my “small grab and go” and a nice set up for these types of visuals.
Currently in a true Bortle Black dark sky zone at 11k ft in central CO. Family cabin. No telescope as we are shutting it down until spring but have my 20x80 astronomy binocs and tripod with me to check out DSO’s in the Milky Way band under such dark skies (I have hauled my larger 14” mirror telescope up here before).
I saw the moon plus Saturn, Neptune and Uranus but it’s sort of like lunar eclipses where they are pretty much all the same and my interest is more towards different photography techniques v just visual observation.
"I have that same telescope he’s using."
What is it?
"Currently in a true Bortle Black dark sky zone at 11k ft in central CO."
I'm jealous. I'm in northern Wisconsin. Sky brightness 21.5 mag/sec^2 last session. But the elevation is only 1k ft.
Can you see M33 naked eye from your site?
I didn't hear anything, Bob. But I always get here late.
Can’t not… https://youtu.be/n2MtEsrcTTs
..
..
Let's give em something to toke about
A lil mystery to figger out?
...
..
Yesterday evening, a few of us gathered in downtown Boulder for sushi. Pulled into town on 9th and Canyon - where the Julien Hotel is near. 4 huge fancy dark busses were parked and in the process of parking along 9th.
We wondered what? who? No football game. and the buses were really really high end fancy.
Read on Nextdoor that the busses were led and escorted by several Black SUVs and police.
That tells me - Political.
The governor of CO happens to live in Boulder.
hmmmm.
Once again, the phantom posts are those times and dates without content. They are counted as comments. What are they though?
I was reminded of an old song about the harvest moon, but that was the silvery moon. "Harvest Moon" is by Neil Young and it does not make me want to croon or spoon.
AI and big leftist money.
Remember when I said follow the money?
well.
X
"Chamath explains the political calculus behind Obama’s anti AI speech
“This is a very important moment for a very simple reason, which is that the world is about to endow 3-6 companies with about $10 trillion of wealth.”
“And what Obama knows very well is that most of those companies are overwhelmingly left leaning. And what he also knows is that there is a huge portion of that money that will then get put into philanthropic and charitable causes that then he and the people around him will be beneficiaries of."
“That is the truth. We already know this because we know that some of these frontier corporations actually ask you to sign up DAFTs and have a portion of your stock that you're willing to pledge. So this money is going to go to things other than consumption or savings. It's going to go into PACs, it's going to go into political movements, and they stand to disproportionately benefit."
“So this has nothing to do with prosperity. This is a very simple political calculus. If you freeze frame the economy the way it is today, a handful of organizations that will disproportionately be able to affect the Democrats will win, they will capture the lion's share of the economic gains. And then they will help the Democrats win power. That's all this is."
“"Harvest Moon" is by Neil Young and it does not make me want to croon or spoon.”
That song is LOVED by LOVERS, old and young. But ya gotta have a pulse.
I keep seeing ads with Trump that say "PaId for by the US Government" and he makes again all of the promises that he broke, he is going to "get rid of the warmongers" break the "deep state," etc, I am thinking that what is really going on is that this is an attack ad against Trump and by association. the Republicans. I still don't get the "Paid for by the US Government" bit though.
There is an old time Harvest Moon song.
Shine on, Shine on Harvest Moon, up in the sky,
I ain't had no lovin since January, February, June or July.
Noontime ain't no time to sit outdoors and spoon,
So shine on, shine on Harvest Moon, for me and my gal!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EEukuQEIBwg&list=RDEEukuQEIBwg&start_radio=1
CC, JSM
There is a totally separate Silvery Moon song.
By the light (by the light)
Of the silvery moon (of the silvery moon)
I want to spoon (want to spoon)
With my honey I'll croon love's tune.
Honey Moon, keep a shinin in June (keep a shinin in June)
Your silvery beams will bring love's dreams,
We'll be cuddlin' soon,
By the silvery moon!
Here's Doris Day being innocent and naughty at the same time:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9XCvqBjkGLA&list=RD9XCvqBjkGLA&start_radio=1
CC, JSM
The Trump ads are really by/from him, and really paid for by the G. They are not campaign ads, because he isn't running for anything, and he doesn't mention anyone who is running.
They are just an electronic version of the newsletters Congresscritters used to send out with their franking privilege, in which they reminded their constituents of everything they were doing, but never, ever, said "vote for me/my party so we can keep doing this stuff."
I think "Hey, I'm doing a great job!" immediately implies "So keep voting for me and my ilk!" in a republic. But as long as you don't say the second part out loud, you're ok.
Would be pretty difficult for a court to say the POTUS can't use public funds to communicate with the people. But I'm sure one will. CC, JSM
“By the light (by the light)
Of the silvery moon (of the silvery moon)”
IIRC… Stan Laurel and Oliver Hardy may’ve had a version where Stan danced and Ollie sang.
Nope… it was Shine on HarvestMoon…
https://youtu.be/IIw14TwJvZc
Bob Boyd, that’s an Orion (since bought out and folded) or same Chinese factory analog XT8 Dobsonian. My first telescope before going on and getting their XX14G GoTo Dob and after that a Celestron refractor on an EQ platform. I do a little planetary photography with a cam similar to what he’s using but most of my astro is now straight Mirrorless camera on tracking tripod now. Been playing with lenses and and also native capabilities for long exposure on iPhone, too
OG Mike, M33 is hard with the Moon up and full but I can make it out as a smudge. M31 on the other hand is still visible, maybe to about .8* or so. In a Telrad, it’ll spread well beyond the inner .5* circle, even with a full moon. When we came up in the spring to open, their was no moon and my niece and I went out and could see a couple of the bright reflective nebulas in the MW and as a bonus got to see a Comet 10P/Tempel 2 nekkid eye at magnitude 8ish or so.
I have low night vision so I had to get a gen 4 night vision monocle, 74 lines per inch. Beautiful to me but it’s green. I can see everything and even have a nice 4x screw on lens.
I didn't mean M33 now, with the moon up. I meant from your site with the moon down.
You can see M33 naked eye with a full moon? Kind of hard to believe.
I've never successfully seen M33 naked eye from Wisconsin (I keep trying), and I get very few opportunities at altitude.
I can make it out, yes. A less than pin point point of light. I can see globular clusters as well. It’s harder when the moon is transiting directly above (and an hour or so either side) but the illumination alone doesn’t impact visuals on stars and planets as much as as one would think- like maybe a couple degrees magnitude at most; nebula are darn near impossible, though. It’s does make it tougher to image, however, as I do a lot of ETTR and am limited to how far I can go (like no more than maybe 6400 or 8k ISO) without just blowing out the entire photo.
Mike, what altitude are you at? 1k-ish feet? At 11k I’m in 20-30% less atmosphere plus I have the collegiate peaks blocking moonrise to my east and the Continental divide 6 miles to the west. So while I lose a bit of my own eyesight capabilities at the altitude, I pick up naked eye observation capabilities, probably to about mag 8 v say 5 or even 4 back in Dallas (Bortle scale: white)
Phaedrus - My northern WI site is at 1,600 ft and is also frequently beset by the humidity which we in the midwest are saddled with. I'm able to just see NGC 752, about 10-degrees to the north of M33 and of comparable surface brightness, but have never successfully acquired M33.
JM write: 𝘛𝘩𝘦 𝘛𝘳𝘶𝘮𝘱 𝘢𝘥𝘴 𝘢𝘳𝘦 𝘳𝘦𝘢𝘭𝘭𝘺 𝘣𝘺/𝘧𝘳𝘰𝘮 𝘩𝘪𝘮, 𝘢𝘯𝘥 𝘳𝘦𝘢𝘭𝘭𝘺 𝘱𝘢𝘪𝘥 𝘧𝘰𝘳 𝘣𝘺 𝘵𝘩𝘦 𝘎. 𝘛𝘩𝘦𝘺 𝘢𝘳𝘦 𝘯𝘰𝘵 𝘤𝘢𝘮𝘱𝘢𝘪𝘨𝘯 𝘢𝘥𝘴, 𝘣𝘦𝘤𝘢𝘶𝘴𝘦 𝘩𝘦 𝘪𝘴𝘯'𝘵 𝘳𝘶𝘯𝘯𝘪𝘯𝘨 𝘧𝘰𝘳 𝘢𝘯𝘺𝘵𝘩𝘪𝘯𝘨, 𝘢𝘯𝘥 𝘩𝘦 𝘥𝘰𝘦𝘴𝘯'𝘵 𝘮𝘦𝘯𝘵𝘪𝘰𝘯 𝘢𝘯𝘺𝘰𝘯𝘦 𝘸𝘩𝘰 𝘪𝘴 𝘳𝘶𝘯𝘯𝘪𝘯𝘨.
At the recent GOP mid-term convention in Dallas Trump told supporters, "𝘈𝘯𝘥 𝘱𝘳𝘦𝘵𝘦𝘯𝘥 𝘵𝘩𝘢𝘵 𝘐'𝘮 𝘰𝘯 𝘵𝘩𝘦 𝘣𝘢𝘭𝘭𝘰𝘵. 𝘐'𝘮 𝘰𝘯 𝘵𝘩𝘦 𝘣𝘢𝘭𝘭𝘰𝘵. 𝘐'𝘮 𝘰𝘯. 𝘑𝘶𝘴𝘵 𝘰𝘯𝘦 𝘮𝘰𝘳𝘦 𝘵𝘪𝘮𝘦."
In an interview with Fox News, ambassador David Perdue said: “𝘗𝘳𝘦𝘴𝘪𝘥𝘦𝘯𝘵 𝘛𝘳𝘶𝘮𝘱 𝘤𝘰𝘯𝘵𝘪𝘯𝘶𝘦𝘴 𝘵𝘰 𝘴𝘢𝘺: 𝘩𝘦𝘺, 𝘸𝘦 𝘴𝘦𝘭𝘭 𝘢𝘳𝘮𝘴 𝘵𝘰 𝘰𝘵𝘩𝘦𝘳 𝘱𝘦𝘰𝘱𝘭𝘦 𝘢𝘳𝘰𝘶𝘯𝘥 𝘵𝘩𝘦 𝘸𝘰𝘳𝘭𝘥. 𝘏𝘦 𝘢𝘤𝘵𝘶𝘢𝘭𝘭𝘺 𝘢𝘴𝘬𝘦𝘥 𝘗𝘳𝘦𝘴𝘪𝘥𝘦𝘯𝘵 𝘟𝘪 𝘸𝘰𝘶𝘭𝘥 𝘩𝘦 𝘭𝘪𝘬𝘦 𝘵𝘰 𝘣𝘶𝘺 𝘴𝘰𝘮𝘦 𝘢𝘵 𝘰𝘯𝘦 𝘱𝘰𝘪𝘯𝘵?”
https://www.foxnews.com/video/6405700393112
Trump asking Xi if China wants to buy American weapons is peak Trump. The man has deteriorated to the point where he is incapable of holding a coherent thought in his head.
Voters are entitled to hold the governing party accountable for its policies and consequences--including choosing the Iran war, imposing tariffs that raise costs, and adding substantially to federal deficits while affordability remains a problem. Republicans in Congress including those who have supported him have largely enabled Trump’s Iran policy and his economic agenda, so they can reasonably be judged on that record.
Phaedrus - Orion folded? Who sells that level of scope now?
Averted vision may be you friend here, Mike. I don’t need it up here but until I slewed the GoTo to it the first time, I didn’t know what I was really looking for (ditto Andromeda, although I knew where Andromeda was). It’s kind of like looking at Neptune or Ceres in that it’s a point of light, but bigger than a star would be in the EP but without any spikes and no twinkle. While it’s mostly head on too us, even in the 14” with just a single EP (no 2X Powermate/Barlow) I can generally just get the core and just a hint of major spirals- it’s got a lot of dust and in some respects acts like a nebula. Andromeda, Cigar, Sombrero “pop” a lot more although the latter two I’ve never really tried to look for naked eye.
I think it might have been Meade from something in a forum but they were made by Synta(sp?), who also makes Skywatcher. I need some parts for my AZ motor and I can get them from there. Both Meade and Skywatcher fill the big light bucket (mass production- there are custom outfits you can have one made but next telescope for me will be strictly for long exposure/multi image astro-imaging. Not anytime soon… after my kid gets out of school and maybe I can retire…
Oh, I avert the hell out of my vision :-)
You'll never see Cigar or Sombrero naked eye. M33 is supposedly the most distant object you can see naked eye, which is why I keep trying.
I have 3 scopes. Two Dobs, a 15" Obsession and a 12.5" Teeter. The Teeter is a travel scope I take to New Zealand each year. Also a 5" refractor from Tele Vue. The largest amateur scope I've had the privilege to observe with is a 30". That was a treat!
కామెంట్ను పోస్ట్ చేయండి
Please use the comments forum to respond to the post. Don't fight with each other. Be substantive... or interesting... or funny. Comments should go up immediately... unless you're commenting on a post older than 4 days. Then you have to wait for us to moderate you through. It's also possible to get shunted into spam by the machine. We try to keep an eye on that and release the miscaught good stuff. We do delete some comments, but not for viewpoint... for bad faith. Also: No italics, even briefly. Use asterisks for emphasis. And don't play with the format by changing fonts or using boldface or all caps. Never include more than one extra line break between paragraphs.