3 ఆగస్టు, 2026

"'I deliver almost every single meal, almost every single day, because I hate to cook and I’m incredibly lazy,' she says..."

"... with a practiced, self-deprecating laugh to her camera, propped against the wall as a portable LED light bathes her in a warm glow. 'It is 10:15 a.m., and my first delivery just arrived, and it is my Starbucks coffee.' The coffee, an almond-milk iced latte with cold foam, two pumps of vanilla, and a pinch of cinnamon, costs $25.18. 'When I really want to rage-bait, I’ll order coffee. People get so mad at me,' she tells me. The Starbucks, after all, is only three blocks from her apartment, and most of the time she grabs it while walking her dog, an English cream miniature dachshund named Linguine...."

"Once upon a time, influencers could post beautiful photos of their lives — their outfits, their coffee, their vacations, their children — and, with enough consistency, amass an audience of followers who looked to them for inspiration or escape.... Now... [t]he only reliable way to reach mainstream or even moderate recognition against all the noise is to either carpet-bomb social media with clips or to enrage wide swaths of the public...."

27 కామెంట్‌లు:

mindnumbrobot చెప్పారు...

Sloth is one of the deadly sins.

Dogma and Pony Show చెప్పారు...

How much of the "affordability crisis" is 20- and 30-somethings spending hundreds of dollars every week on takeout and delivery?

Eric the Fruit Bat చెప్పారు...

A sensible person would never name a small dog Linguine because you're just asking for someone to throw it against the wall and say "Now it's garbage."

Wilbur చెప్పారు...

It's her money. She can spend it or not however she wants to.

I don't understand who it is being enraged by an order of coffee, or why.

Peachy+2 చెప్పారు...

People are making money on Youtube starving and harming animals - and then "rescuing" them.

It's not every animal rescue video - but it's many of them.
A practice that should be shut down.

RideSpaceMountain చెప్పారు...

The 1% of the 1% of the 1% made millions. Just like onlyfans, most other influencers are doing weird things with dildos for pennies.

Peachy+2 చెప్పారు...

"I deliver most every single meal"

deceptive headline. "She has every meal delivered" -

but it's New York prog media.

Peachy+2 చెప్పారు...

Wilbur - it's the addiction to outrage that helps her pocket money.

Peachy+2 చెప్పారు...

....outrage over the extremely unimportant & petty.

Larry J చెప్పారు...

Sometimes, I wonder who is living the most empty life, an influencer or someone looking to an influencer for inspiration?

Original Mike చెప్పారు...

Cold foam?

SoLastMillennium చెప్పారు...

I'll complain about Sloth, as soon as I find the energy....

Quayle చెప్పారు...

Eric the Fruit Bat: I dunno, you could also just keep pouring gravy on it.

tcrosse చెప్పారు...

I was recently on a cruise. Each morning after a hearty breakfast I would sit in the ship's library and do that morning's NYT crossword (this to establish my bona fides). This was close to the coffee bar, where I was amused to hear all the complex coffee orders and those who were persnickety about them.

The Middle Coast చెప్పారు...

$25 for a cup of coffee.

stlcdr చెప్పారు...

"Peachy+2 said...
"I deliver most every single meal"

deceptive headline. "She has every meal delivered" -

but it's New York prog media.

8/3/26, 8:04 AM"

Yeah, I had to read this several times. It makes no logical sense. It's not even yoda-speak.

John henry చెప్పారు...

$25 for a cup of non-coffee, coffee flavored chemicals?

I hope it is a double extra large.

John Henry

Gusty Winds చెప్పారు...

Who do these people actually "influence"?

Mason G చెప్పారు...

I'm not enraged. I will be disappointed but not surprised (well, not really- I'll be dead by then) if, when she's 70 years old, she complains about how little she can afford on her meager SS payment.

todd galle చెప్పారు...

For that much, she could have bought a 'Mr. Coffee'. How many calories are expended in filling up the carafe, pouring in water, adding pre-ground coffee, and pressing start? It'll be ready before the delivery guy gets to the Starbucks. Or, buying a bunch of loose tea and a tea ball? Others are right, she can spend her $ as she wishes, but that doesn't mean I won't look at her choices as sub-par.

Leora చెప్పారు...

This does not explain the German tourist Freddy's massive popularity.

Leora చెప్పారు...

This does not explain the German tourist Freddy's massive popularity.

ALP చెప్పారు...

Ugh. I follow many artists on Instagram. Too many. I purge my list by dropping any artist that uses negative, dumb ass comments made by stupid people as the basis for their posts. Very talented, accomplished artists do this as the outrage increases engagement. Exposing me to Stupid gets you dropped from my list.

Fred Drinkwater చెప్పారు...

"I'll have a half double decaffeinated half-caf, with a twist of lemon."

Fred Drinkwater చెప్పారు...

Martin, while brilliant, utterly failed to realize how far things would go.

Lazarus చెప్పారు...

The quote doesn't illustrate the idea that "influencers" are pivoting away from just showing us the expensive things they buy.

I'm also wondering if "rage-baiting" is part of her influencer work, or something she likes to do in her free time, or just something she can't help doing.

Jim at చెప్పారు...

*It's her money. She can spend it or not however she wants to.*

Agreed. But as 'Dog and Pony Show' hints, I don't want to hear a damn word about a so-called 'affordability crisis' from people paying 25 bucks for a cup of coffee.

కామెంట్‌ను పోస్ట్ చేయండి

Please use the comments forum to respond to the post. Don't fight with each other. Be substantive... or interesting... or funny. Comments should go up immediately... unless you're commenting on a post older than 4 days. Then you have to wait for us to moderate you through. It's also possible to get shunted into spam by the machine. We try to keep an eye on that and release the miscaught good stuff. We do delete some comments, but not for viewpoint... for bad faith. Also: No italics, even briefly. Use asterisks for emphasis. And don't play with the format by changing fonts or using boldface or all caps. Never include more than one extra line break between paragraphs.