May 12, 2021

"I didn't even vote. Out here in California, it's like, why vote for a Republican president? It's just not going to work. I mean..."

"... it's overwhelming. It was voting day, and I thought, the only thing out here in California that I worry about, which affects people, is the propositions that were out there. And I didn't see any propositions that I really had one side or the other. And so it was Election Day. And I just couldn't get excited about it. And I just wound up going to play golf and I said, eh, I'm not doing that." 

Said Caitlyn Jenner, quoted in "Jenner says she didn't vote in 2020. But records show she did." 

Oh, the fakery! I guess she didn't realize this was a fact that could be checked. 

And as for the propositions — there were 12, including things having to do with future of cash bail, affirmative action, gig workers, rent control, and criminal sentencing. But she didn't "see" any that she "really had [a] side" on, so she went eh, not doing that and played golf. Which would be bad enough, but it wasn't even true. That's the bullshit she made up.

Either she just doesn't care and doesn't respect her audience or she doesn't want to say how she voted on these things. She wants to be free to equivocate.

2 comments:

Ann Althouse said...

Amadeus 48 emails:

"Hi Althouse—Have you considered that Jenner didn’t vote, but someone else cast a ballot in her name--fraudulently? That is what Republicans have often suspected, but voter fraud has never been really investigated in CA. Jenner’s “ballot” could be the tip of the iceberg!"

The answer is yes, I did. I think that's far less likely than that Jenner is lying, so I didn't put that speculation in the post. But here's a great opportunity for Jenner to make that assertion. Since she's caught looking like a liar, she has a strong motivation to say someone else must have voted in her name. Wake me up when she makes that assertion. Failure to assert that is more evidence of lying.

Ann Althouse said...

She might also be such a nitwit she can't *remember* voting.