"It's unfair when one person's career is taking off and the other is really suffering.Thoughts:
"What happens -- it's not that they're jealous of each other; it's that the person you share your life with isn't in the mood to support. You want to have a pity party for yourself, but they're off to the Golden Globes and you don't want to go because everyone is going to think you are jealous.
"There's a certain geometry to life -- that life has a certain math equation to it and if you're never together, you can't build a home.
"Joanne Woodward put her career on the back burner for that marriage (to Paul Newman) to last. And something's got to give."
1. As the first commenter over at the link says, why didn't he put his career on the back burner for Uma?
2. He had Uma! He should have done everything for her.
3. Uma could come over there and kick his ass:
4. He didn't want to go to the Golden Globes because somehow everyone would infer that he was jealous, but he says so now, which makes it obvious that he was jealous.
5. I thought Ethan Hawke was the smart one:
6. Really smart:
7. Whining is a dangerous game. Don't do it. Especially about Uma.