• Consider this recent post of mine on the subject. It was prescient... up to a point."Big Love."
• Don't you feel that you need to watch it again to pick everything up?
• Character I feel the most revulsion toward? Carmela. I can't stand her. Everything she does disgusts me, whether she's stuffing sushi in her mouth, or preening over her SUV of a Porsche, she makes me sick. You viewers who root for her when she thinks she has another chance at sexual fulfilment? What's wrong with you?
• Actor having the most fun this season? Dominic Chianese!
• They waited so long to do another season that the actors changed physically, a bit ridiculously. The fattest guy got a lot less fat, but most of them got fatter, and some look a lot older. Lorraine Bracco looks huge on the cover of Entertainment Weekly, but on the show they just forefront the legs and let the rest of the body-of-Melfi fade into the shadows of the chair.
• Highly original in subject matter and treatment!
• Has there ever been anything like that last line, spoken in that condition? Hilarious and disturbing.
• Just when you start to get used to the family's polygamous lifestyle and begin to (queasily) to accept it as a form of normal, we relocate to the compound and see a horrifying version of polygamy. Bruce Dern on the floor! Harry Dean Stanton being slimily evil! You find out that young girl is his wife and you're really sympathetic... until you're not.
• Hey, it's Susan's mom from "Seinfeld"!
• I haven't read any reviews. They're good, right?
IN THE COMMENTS: For some crazy reason, there's a lot of discussion of the phrase "built like a brick shithouse."